Progression Based Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So being someone who is casually going back through the last few expansions doing content I skipped over I wanted to make a list of the content that provides a reward useful going forward into current content. A little list off the top of my head, these are the AAs you get for completing progression steps/achievements:

OoW - 6 MPG Trials - +50 Resist Cap

DoN - 5 Tiers of DoN Quests - +10 Stat Cap, 200 HP/Mana/End, 1 Buff Slot, 1% Crit DD/DoT/Mele/Heal, 2% Resist chance

CoTF - 10 Heroic Vitality - +250 HP/Mana
    CoTF - 10 Heroic Resolution - +50 Stat Cap, 20 HP/Mana Regen Cap
    CoTF - 5 Heroic Fortitude - +15 AC, 50 Attack Cap

TDS - 10 Heroic Vitality - +250 HP/Mana
    TDS - 10 Heroic Resolution - +50 Stat Cap, 20 HP/Mana Regen Cap
    TDS - 5 Heroic Fortitude - +15 AC, 50 Attack Cap

TBM - 10 Heroic Vitality - +250 HP/Mana
    TBM - 10 Heroic Resolution - +50 Stat Cap, 20 HP/Mana Regen Cap
    TBM - 5 Heroic Fortitude - +15 AC, 50 Attack Cap
    TBM - 3 Ranks Dichomotic Upgrade
    TBM (Raid) - 3 Ranks Dichomotic Upgrade

EOK - 10 Heroic Vitality - +250 HP/Mana
    EOK - 10 Heroic Resolution - +50 Stat Cap, 20 HP/Mana Regen Cap
    EOK - 5 Heroic Fortitude - +15 AC, 50 Attack Cap
    EOK - Essence of the Dragon - Immunity to certain AEs

ROS - 10 Heroic Vitality - +250 HP/Mana
    ROS - 10 Heroic Resolution - +50 Stat Cap, 20 HP/Mana Regen Cap
    ROS - 5 Heroic Fortitude - +15 AC, 50 Attack Cap

And these are the items you get for completing progression as a reward (not drops):

COTF - Legendary Hero of COTF - Hero's Calling (Type 7/8, +8 all heroics, 48 AC, 275 HP/Mana, 15 Spell Damage/Heal Amount)
    TBM (Raid) - Vanquisher of TBM - Eyes of Life and Decay (Type 3, 10% Heal/Caster DMG increase)

EOK - Paragon of EOK - Forgotten Gemstone (Type 5, +45 all heroics + 25 Spell damage/Heal amount)
    EOK (Raid) - Vanquisher of EOK - Nathsar Diamond (Type 5, +80 all heroics + 100 Spell damage/Heal amount)

---------

Is there anything I'm missing so far as guaranteed rewards that are useful in current content going forward? I know there are some random tribute trophies. But as far as AAs or Augments awarded for progression is this all of them?
    slayerofbats and Tatanka like this.
  2. Kylls New Member

CoTF has Hero's Calling. Great aug thats still used-

Great list!
  3. Critts Augur

token of Unngods suffering
    Relife adornment
    The shoulder aug from TDS from the Dino island content. (Should be phasing out with RoS Augs)
    You get a mount from doing a bunch of stuff in TBM I Could be wrong but I think it’s the best states in game as well as the Rino mount you can get in EoK.
    The Familiar you get from RoS

Sorry I don’t have names for all this stuff.

There’s a lot of stuff rewarded from doing the collections that is somewhat useful. Mostly the extra trophy slots.
  4. Tiggold Augur

Hero's Calling is a great aug but is now obsolete with EoK/RoS type 7's. I think it's also important to list the release date of CoTF so we can visually see how long players have had to do it up until now.

October 2013? That's a lot of time.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Added the CoTF aug. While it may not be top tier with ROS Augments available, it seems like it will be a byproduct of completing the Hero AAs in COTF.

And dunno what the time to complete these has to do with anything? I'm just making a checklist. Usually I'd base that checklist off certain item camps etc. but it seems the last 4 expansions have moved many character gains into completing progression/quests via awarding AAs or Augments and I just wanted to have a list of these as they are more difficult to look up lists for as compared to gear where you can easily compare gear on raidloot or a number of other website.

And it looks like 3 of the EOK ranks of Vitality and Fortitude are tied to Hunters and not progression. Seems a bit weird change for them to make. Is this the same in RoS? Are some of these ranks tied to Hunter as well?
    Spellfire and Tiggold like this.
  6. Tiggold Augur

Great checklist. I think it was EoK that introduced Hero's Rewards through Hunter achievements which I think is terrible but oh well. If you haven't included those maybe you will. Would also like to mention that I think EoK and RoS have extra trophy slot rewards for Scavenger Achvs. I don't use tribute outside of raids but maybe it's important to list, I don't know.
  7. segap Augur

I'd say it's borderline for most. It has the advantage of fitting in the range slot and of having some endurance regen as well as multiple heroics. If ros doesn't kick it out, whatever comes next definitely will. What we're really due for is a new charm aug.
    Tiggold likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Great list. I wouldn't have been aware of the Memento of Ungod's Suffering or Relife Adornment if you hadn't mentioned it. I tried to add it to the list but 30minute editing window has closed, /sigh.

I think I saw the name Relife Adornment and didn't even look at the link because it sounded like some useless weapon ornament. Turns out I was very incorrect.

I did see the TDS Dino aug and forgot to add it.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Darchon,

Thanks for this, it's incredibly useful. Probably worth a sticky, if they do that.

And I agree, why does it matter when CotF came out?

Tat
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why mention CotF, when there are items in the list from DoN and OoW? Those are even older (2005 and 2004, respectively).

I think it's kinda cool that there's content from that long ago which is still worth doing.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

This is based on the assumption that the player or the toons they have been playing were even current and up to date when COTF was released. How many people have been at this game for nearly two decades and still had to go back and finish POP progression for the artisan's prize? With this logic everyone should have completed every form of progression and every major quest along the way.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

POP progression and the other quests for artisans prize
    Shawl aug assuming it is still useful
    Alaran Tear
    Stone of landing- Requires Teir 1 and 2 ROF progression (assuming you don't have shimmering black pearl for charm slot)
    cant remember if its HOT or VOA that gives trophy rewards but some of those could be selectively useful.

These three alone could consume the greater part of a year depending on how much time you have to devote to the game and how current you are on your trade skills.
  13. Rowanoak Elder

RoF Collections = Lingering Essence of Cazic Thule , one of the most useful clickies.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think the mention of release date is based on the plethora of HA scaling whine threads lately. There are plenty enough of those and that's not the purpose of this thread.

I just wanted to create a list of items/AAs that aren't achieved through your more typical EQ system of acquiring these things - dropped or crafted for items, or grinded for AAs.

I do happen to have Artisan's Prize already as I did PoP progression and Aid grimel in the before times. Definitely worth adding to the list. It's unfortunate finding those level 65-70 raid mobs alive is the hardest part of the quest.

Shawl aug... isn't really progression. While useful beyond its era, I'd say it's just a regular quest. Alarms Tear similarly not really a progression aspect just a long quest involving killing millions of alaran or farming tablets. But I suppose a list of Augments or clickies that have lifetimes extending beyond 2-3 expansions is probably worth creating... I know some of my Augments are pitiful.

RoF Charm aug is a good call, I only got halfway through that thing when I did a little RoF a few years back. I'd forgotten about it til now. I'll have to look into this Anniversary aug whenever those come back around.

RoF Collection... that's a peculiar item. Does the self mez work like Enchanter stasis and remove you from NPC hatelist? If so that seems amazing especially after the fade revamp a few years back.
  15. Weebaaa Augur

The Staff of Viral Flux is an invaluable tool that comes from CoTF progression.(tower of rot)
    The Velious Snowball finally lost its usefulness in RoS, which comes from Rain of Fear collections
  16. Weebaaa Augur

RoF also had the item which put a DoT on your character (yo counteract mez) which still should function if you click off your then buffs
    I believe that was from collectibles as well.
    Fear Fruit
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The EoK-progression mount is a raid-speed btw, the TBM-progression-mount is not.
    I think the EoK-progression-mount is the first raid-speed mount, that does not require raid-drops or luck, could be wrong though...

Not sure if Essence of the dragon II, is worth anything beyond EoK raids?(I don't think so)

Doing Raid-progression in Solteris(PoR), unlocks the powersource-vendor in katta castrum(pure energeian light orb etc.), you can get the needed coins from the loyalist vendor in pok for 11 loyalty-crowns. Thats cheap enough to be useful, depending on how easy it is to get modern powersources though...
  18. Phlare New Member

SoD progression allows you to buy certain slot 3 augs. Doesn't impact many classes but the +Frenzy augs are useful to berserkers and I believe there are +flying kick augs as well. Its difficult to max frenzy without them.

I don't see them mentioned but TDS powersource drops are only accessible by doing TDS progression. I realize they added new ones with RoS but for tank classes (or anyone else likely to take a beating) the AC/HP powersource from Combine Dredge is a HUGE boost to stats.

There are of course alot of other useful clickies/augs/etc but I think you've covered most of all the progression related ones. Though since you include Essence of the Dragon there is the TBM zone debuff immunity as well. I forget the name off hand.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

Prime Cliknar Mount Saddle, in Underfoot - also progression based.
    Prismatic Selyrah Saddle, in VoA - also progression based.

Both are top speed.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So it was only the TBM-mount that was slow?