prog guilds on older prog servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wiegraff, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Wiegraff New Member

I know 2 new progression servers just launched, but this randomized loot rule they have seems like something I wouldn't enjoy. So I thought instead I'd join an older progression server, are there any guilds on more normal servers that do progression at a slower rate?
    Abundant likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ragefire is the slowest progression due too the voting system to unlock expansions, it should unlock VoA at the end of the month. It also is NOT truebox and does not have AoC but its in such a late expansion that doesn't really matter. Otherwise most of your other options are going to be similar unlock schedule of 12 weeks for level increase or 8 weeks for none.
    Coinav - HoT (VoA aug 25)
    Mangler - TBS (SoF Sept 22)
    Aradune (truebox) / Rizlona (non truebox) - LDoN (GoD Sept 15)

As far as progressing speed within the expac, most guilds try to progress as fast as they can on scheduled raid days to farm the end zone raids as long as possible.
  3. jeskola pheerie

The short answer is no. Back in the day before AOC instancing, guilds like this were fairly common. Now they are pretty much extinct.
    Abundant likes this.
  4. Wiegraff New Member

Ah that's too bad, thank you.
    Abundant likes this.
  5. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

It depends exactly what you mean by progression server.

If you mean a TLP in early content, then no, I don't think any guilds that fit your definition are currently active.

But if you would be willing to try a progression server that's in later expansions, I think Miragul may still have an active guild that would fit what you're looking for:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...l-live-experience-newest-3-expansions.276432/
  6. VandilIzer Augur

We are in fact still active and raiding weekly! =) Heroic start and we PL people who want to raid to catch them up the extra levels.
  7. Abundant Elder

RIP early Phinny. Myself and a few others have done post-instance guild and build this way. Top dog is as old school as it gets. Not quite sure there is a current guild this way outside of what I run though on any truly healthy server just zerg based low standard garbage evvverywhere, and I only mess w the current most healthy server (Mischief atm, whatever is due out next TLP-wise soon enough ahead).
  8. Fading Illusion Augur

Hello there!

Shadows of Agnarr is a progression guild on Mangler (currently set to unlock Secrets of Faydwer TODAY).

We tend to go at a much slower progression than the other guilds that race to end content. Though, we do finish content "in era."

Our reasons is 1) Why race? The game is 20 years old. Let's ENJOY the game and ALL the content.
    And 2) Avoid burnout. We want to enjoy the game without losing members to the #1 evil: burnout.

So if you're interested in a guild where PEOPLE matter over PIXELS, and want to explore ALL of Norrath with a guild that loves this game dearly, come join us over on Mangler in Shadows of Agnarr!

Kitt