Producer's Letter: Progression Server, April Update, and Beyond

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Geroblue Augur

Interesting; however, I have the Everquest hardback rpg books. According to those books, this is a d20 game.
  2. Iila Augur

I mean the times when his OP does have real information and people just go HURF TOO MUCH TEXT and pound out some words without reading anything.
    Fallfyres, Sheex, Pinecone and 2 others like this.
  3. Elkay Augur

I thought you were just trolling, but it was awesome. Thanks for the laugh.
    Baeddon likes this.
  4. Kellaer Augur

Roll a 1d75k dice to cast magic missile and calculate damage.
  5. Iila Augur

Excuse me, Magic Missile uses d4s, you meant to say roll 75,000d4.
    Pinecone likes this.
  6. Geroblue Augur

Yup, d4s. I know people who play those old games, using virtual table top software. Not as good as Everquest, but if I completely quit this game, that is what I'll be doing.
  7. Garshok Augur

So a campaign will be 1-6 zones (TDS had 7) and have 1-5 raids.

That's about all the precision we will get until play testing.

And nerfs to prior content releases will be decided on (sans play testing) just before design lock.
    Iila likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Dungeons and Dragons? Loved that game started playing it in 1975,
  9. buttercup Journeyman

10. Slasher Augur

Ya well we all know if we believe anything smed says we probably believe santa clause is real also :)
    Pinecone likes this.
  11. Kellaer Augur

You can probably narrow down your estimates on zone count and raid count. You can keep the minimums for each one, though.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I started playing it in 1980. I've even been subjected to Zocchi's Dice Lecture of 2 hours. Ah, the good old days.
  13. ranebowz New Member

I for one would like for them to upgrade the epic's for each class to be upgraded for the max level.. and for them to bring old zones back like the original oasis even if it is a revamped zone I miss the old oasis and would like to see that zone again. the epic's are so far behind it is not really worth it for some clases to go out and spend days trying to get it. if they was brought up to the max level as far as stats and the focus on them it would be worth spending time to go do them again....
  14. Smokn Augur

How about because you tried this crap before, EVERYONE BITCHED....you promised to go back to full expansion releases... Yall then give us a GARBAGE expansion that is BARELY 1/3 of a actually expansion....7 raids are you serious with this garbage....and now your goin back on your word.....How bout this, WHY should we believe ANYTHING your company says to us anymore?!?
    Yinla, Kiillz, Geroblue and 4 others like this.
  15. Dyna Elder

I think balance of all EQ char. types in power and usefulness but each presenting something unique was the original of the game that has been lost. Things are very unbalanced and some types are not even needed or wanted anymore.

Years ago only the Ranger was basically weak but very important in tracking situations and forage for tradeskills, their pulling capability improvement would have had them fit nicely without all of the changes to other types.
    Pinecone and Melanippe like this.
  16. Smokn Augur

rangers where NEVER suppose to be a pull class homie, FYI tho for the actual pulling classes AKA "bards n monks" would be nice to actually USE our skills in raids again
    Kiillz likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

Harmony was the best pulling tool in game when it could be used. And it pre-dates players figuring out how to use FD to pull.
  18. Sakuraba Augur

We've seen the beta for EQ2's similarly-sized "campaign".

It is literally a 12 inch door that leads to six different difficulties of the same instance, the solo version not even being an actual combat instance but a (sorta fun) puzzle game. Don't count on a leopard to change it's spots.
  19. Smokn Augur

and this is why druids shouldnt talk about things that are outside of their realm....harmony is NOT how you pulled on raids in org EQ....POINT BLANK bye bye
  20. Makavien Augur

They could bring back all old content with heroic adventures that focus on 1 old school quest raids that focus on 1 old school raid like the 10th ring war for example the Ethereal Bladed Naginata quest , small raids on Chardok large heroic adventures to rework dragon , dwarf , giant , chardok , cazic thule faction. With highly sought after items like the white dragon helm that gives you the old dragon , dwarf , giant helm look , the chardok ring with a stack able damage shield with all buffs. Raid on orc hill ,raid on orc highway. They have a system that allows them to utilize every single old out dated quest and give us unique items and they use it to make annoying things like named randomly spawning, 4 collections randomly spawning and then add a long lockout. It is sad if only I went to school and got a degree in game design.