Producer's Letter: Progression Server, April Update, and Beyond

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I doubt you will get all campaigns when you buy each one. That might happen every other campaign but they are not going to go to a model where they get less income.
    Silv likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Yea, I'd imagine like a bundle or something, like the first 2 campaigns (that make up the content of 1 expansion) could probably be bundled to act like Expansions did
    Silv likes this.
  3. Diptera Augur

Shame on you, getting our hopes up like that... ;)
    Baeddon, Geroblue, Melanippe and 2 others like this.
  4. Greyowl Augur

Couldnt care less about the prize, as long as it is fun.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Majority of feedback in this thread is that we do not like the idea of campaigns (or the name), you need to convince us they are a good thing and we won't be disappointed with a tiny update the same as EQ2 has just got or the small expansion we just received in the form of TDS. Players have been feeling let down by the recent expansions already, and are in dire need of some reassurance. A lot of trust has been lost and trust is never easy to regain. The sooner the team can give us a rough idea of what a campaign will contain, the sooner players minds will be put to rest.

A lot of players here have played for years, we remember what we were told when we went from 2 expansions a year down to 1. We were convinced back then that 1 expansion a year was the way to go, with free content updates at different points in the year. eg, anniversary, Hardcorre Heratige, Lost Legecay, Halloween, Frostfell, etc. Will we no longer get any new updates for these with the introduction of Campaigns?

The other thing I have noticed from this feedback, is a lot do not want EQ2 here! I seem to recall a lot of the same feedback coming from CotF. Please remember we are EQ not EQ2, their lore has no place in our game, NO changing our lore to fit with them!
  6. Asparux New Member

One question from a raider perspective.

If we step on the last expansion released which had 5+2 raids and move into the new concept of 2 annual campaigns, can we expect about 3-4 new raids every 6 months? If this is the case, the raiding aspect of the game will be killed off very quick, guilds will probably fall apart soon after, and EQ will be dead before you can spell it :) Hope this is not the case, but........
  7. Silv Augur

Still stand by the thought that renaming them to campaign is foolish. If anything, call it something different than the god awful stuff EQ2 is getting. Any player that sees 'campaign' here and then reads that article about EQ2's campaign is going to run for the hills and expect a sunset by Christmas. While we know that's not the intention, it's extremely easy for people to get that idea IMO.

I think that would be one of the biggest #$%@ you that they could do to this game... EQ2 drawing from EQ, sure, makes logical sense. EQ2 back-sharing to a game in a different timeline? That's just absurd. There is so much EQ lore that already exists that is just begging to be expanded on it seems foolish to come up with something completely new [esp. when it's not really new since it was ripped from another game].
  8. Riou EQResource

They've been combo'ing EQ1 + EQ2 lore together since at least the House of Thule expansion :p It hasn't been really obvious though until like CotF I suppose
  9. Mintalie Augur

Poor Roshen, burdened with spelling out the obvious for those hellbent on ignoring it.
    Iila and Phrovo1 like this.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

There's obv. a conspiracy and we must find it! The barrier between the timelines is weakening! In the end we both must fight Discord!

Wtf...
    Mintalie likes this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

whut
    Iila likes this.
  12. Pinecone Journeyman

That probably is the case. I did see a status update for Elidroth on his Facebook a couple of days ago regarding him working on raid content if that makes you feel any better. He was discussing the challenges of making something fun but challenging while being fresh.
  13. LockridgeUK Journeyman

Not able to get past login screen. Seems a lot of folks are having this problem, and for over a day.

Could we get some information on the fix?
    Mysticangel likes this.
  14. Kobrah Augur

I am fine with pushing newer content more often. Imo, from a raiding aspect, raiding the same content for an entire year gets very old very fast, so having fresh / new things to do would be great. That being said, the main concern will be the amount of content these campaigns will have. Most responses regarding this are very unclear on this topic as I'm sure you're not trying to commit to something you may or may not be able to deliver. I think above anything any new info that can be provided on this front would be what I would be most interested in seeing.
  15. Axxius Augur

That's exactly what SOE did with: GoD - OoW - DoN - DoDH - PoR - TSS - TBS. Those 7 expansions were released using the model you just described.

Guess nobody on the current marketing/PR team was working for the company yet, so you just don't remember those years? Windstalker was on the EQ2 team at the time, but Prathun and Absor were definitely here.

It would be a lot less confusing if you simply said that EQ1 is switching back to 6-month expansions. But thanks for clarification.
    Geroblue, Yinla and Reht like this.
  16. Mysticangel New Member

I am having same problem for past 6 hours.
  17. Espiritun Augur

I think they are trying to streamline EQ and EQ2 as much as possible, unfortunately.

I had this thought when they made the lead producer of EQ2 also the lead for EQ.

but now with the addition of "campaigns" it is painfully clear they no longer see these are separate entities at least going into the future.
  18. Coardan Elder

Will these campaigns be available for purchase on Steam? As someone who has had some luck with drops in other steam games funding my steam wallet this would be great for me.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Calling bixie or dead hills "zones" is pretty generous imo. And what's the 7th, void? PoWar really didn't seem like part of that exp. More like 6* zones, 4 actual zones and 2 instance hubs.
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

And if history is any indication both will be woefully insufficient relative to what we used to get.

I'm very surprised about the price point, though. When does a company intentionally take *less* money? A lot of folks must not have bought CotF or at the very least be extremely cautious of being fooled twice.
    Iila likes this.