Producer's Letter: July Update and What's Coming Up

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jul 29, 2015.

1. rexton New Member

A no-box server.... I SUPPORT it 100% and will happily pay a monthly subscription to help maintain such an environment. If you look at the popularity of p1999 it's obvious people will come to such a server, play and stay there. Thanks DBG for even thinking about creating a server that would control the many negative aspects induced by boxing.

As for all the previous people who with negative comments against this proposed server... you do not have to play on a no-box server. If you feel the new server is too limiting for your play style then stay where you are at. The new server is for those of us who have been requesting it and want to play there.

Thanks again DBG.
    Additionally, feel free to remove auto-follow from the game as well. It's a commonly used by boxers and only gets you into trouble with cliffs and lava.
    Philphans likes this.
  2. KarmaThaKing Elder

I just happen to stop at the main post by holly:

And here my simple reply:
    I know this may sound like a foreign concept, but why not simply BAN the scripters who "bot" 12 mages at once with 3rd party programs.

I personally, don't want a "no box" server. I think many of us would like to have at least 1 box..... I ask you people ( the development team ) to understand why the public is having this desire or request for this type of server. Let's fix the fundamental issue with it, not apply a "fix". Use the coding resources to eliminate those 3rd party programs that are ruining it for everyone.
  3. SithWizard Elder

Just make a server with no krono ... problem solved. You will no longer see bot armies and those people or families who have 1,2,3 accounts can simply use a credit card to play.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

While I totally understand where you are coming from you have to realize krono is one of Daybreak's biggest sources of income. What your asking is like asking McDonald's to stop selling Big Macs, Happy Meals, Chicken McNuggets or french fries at a new location so that those who prefer salads, Angus burgers, onion rings and chicken sandwiches can have what they want instead.

It's just not going to happen because it would be a bad business decision to limit or remove that source of income.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  5. Espiritun Augur

This also answers the question of "Why wont DBG do anything about the bot armies".
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Yep. While most players may not like it and I understand that view point the flip side is those bot armies cost money of some sort to play. Kronos have to come from somewhere and that somewhere is ultimately Daybreak. I know there were some dupers at some point but I hope they all got caught and banned and all the duped kronos deleted. So all legit kronos even if they are bought from another player or a 3rd party site originally came from Daybreak. It's probably their biggest source of revenue across the board since it works for all Daybreak games.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

They could due that , the peeps who wanted to still play buy Krono would just have on that acct a toon on a normal server , Krono for the acct right not just one toon?