Producer's Letter: July Update and What's Coming Up

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jordis Augur

Is there seriously enough of a demand for that? I have two full-access accounts and while I'm having fun playing on Ragefire (and occasionally on Lockjaw) along with full-time raiding on Emarr, I wouldn't bother with a progression server where I couldn't use them together if I wanted to.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Summoned junk is so '99. I would love to see the Conjuration side of Mages improved, but the last thing this game needs is more temporary/hotkey/inventory garbage.

Moar swarm pets - yes
    Moar magic damage options - yes
    Other physical damage sources - yes
    Quickened Malosinete - omgyes

I would generally focus on a class's core contributions, or at worst, eliminating major drawbacks in a raid situation before I try and invent new gimmicky utility roles for them to improve raid desirability. Ask an SK sometime how their quest for raid utility is going.
  3. Zaknaffein Augur

So basically all you want is more dps.... I'm shocked... So simple and narrow minded people are. The same can be said for the SK campaign there to tank better. Who cares about utility or balance anymore, or the fact that your class in not a pure class when it comes to either DPS or tanking. Hybrids and Utility classes are not pure classes, and yet the majority who post here seem to focus on only one aspect of thier classes repitiour and want more of it and only that. I tried to get SK's to focus more on utility instead of just "I want to tank and never die." mindset. I suggested to them to try and go for an AC debuff that is the best in game. But it goes in one ear and out the next, as all they want is to tank like the best. Just like it seems that mages want to do nothing but DPS, and DPS like the best can.

I don't know about you but I would love a clickable item with a rune or spell shield effect that stacked with everything else, or as a caster a clickable twincast buff. There is a command called /useitem which makes using clickable inventory items quite easy to use these days by the way ~

Also, Who the hell wants more swarm pets on raids... seriously..

Though if your post is in tongue and cheek and sarcastic, then please continue. It's late and I honeslty can't tell if you are being serious or not ;/
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Behee Augur

Lol, good luck with that. You really have no clue at all, do you? This is when that particular program becomes most powerful.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Warrior class?
  6. Mayfaire Augur

Woah woah! I was with you until this. I'm a warrior and I don't do that. As far as I am concerned, let's get rid of nerfs and give everybody boosts, lovely massive boosts! lol :cool:
  7. Zinth Augur

I guess you don't know anything about IS Boxer other then the rumours that make it out to believe that they just run all the clients automatically for you.

1. ISB works great across multiple computers, even sending commands to the others, so you could sit on one pc, with 1 keyboard and control it all.
    2. ISB does NOT automate ANYTHING, all it does it put small windows next to the main window so you can see the other boxes screen + it lets you send keystrokes via broadcast. (I use the first, not the second) and the folks that joined my 4box crew will see that I devastate stuff in LGUK last night and the night before... And the problem? There was NO mages in my box crew (I do have one) but are levelling a wizard to port to hate atm. So I was using a DRUID, ENCHANTER and WIZARD as dps, not a single mage or mage pet. I was using a real tank PALADIN (some might say they are not real tanks) and usually do heals AFTER the fight because most stuff is 1-shotted by the 3 OP casters.
    3. Might add that I manually click over to each account and cast whichever spell I want or click whichever hotbutton. No-1-click-doitall since each fight is different and it is faster this way. I even had a mage join and she said mobs died too fast for her to even land a nuke ;-)
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

I think it's a great idea and I hope it's respected by the boxing community.

Ever since the P99 refugees were given amnesty the EQ community has become an extraordinary cesspit of epic whining and crying. I would love to see those people given a shiny new playground all to their own. I'm genuinely curious to see how long it takes for the anti-boxing hatred to turn into whiny requests to be merged with a regular server. This would be the ultimate proving ground to put the boxing debate in EQ to rest once and for all.

I give it 12 months of viability before it's merged or abandoned.
  9. kythik Lorekeeper

limit it to 2 per pc/ip pls not 1.
  10. Drathus Augur

I don't use anything but WinEQ 2. I have no clue what ISB can do, I guess it was incorrect to assume you needed all toons to be on the same computer. However, my point was that the No bot / No box server won't be No bot / No box server. Yes?
  11. Motherlee Augur

Oh great. So you can enjoy playing alone in an empty world, cut off from communication. Why do you even WANT to play an MMO?
    beryon, Rhiyannon and Mayfaire like this.
  12. Feradach Augur

The no-box thing just sounds like a very poor management decision to me. I can't imagine there are enough folks out there willing to play in an environment like that to justify the expense of the client coding that would be required to enforce it. Perhaps a poll for interest is in order?
  13. OHBoy(theRanger) Journeyman

Please no campaign I have heard it did lots of damage to EQ2 and have lost players please give us an expansion we love expansions. these campaign things sound to much like another HA all over again.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. rune00 Augur

There is no way to "force" a no boxes policy by making any amount of software changes to the client through coding, you can bring it down to ring 0 rootkit level and it is still gonna be possible to bypass...

There is a solution though and that's to get the third party tools developers on board and come to an agreement that they will make their boxing software stop working if injected while playing on this particular server.

Forget wasting time on the client itself to enforce this cause it just won't work.
    The only software change that could work, (but it still wouldn't be a match to bypass by using a VPN) would be to enforce "The one IP per client" rule, but that shouldn't be done in the client anyway, it should be done server side..,

I have been reverse engineering security patches and rootkits for years so I do feel like I know what I'm talking about here.
    Just some advice from your friendly boxer...
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, it's only going to stop the casual boxer but at least they will be able to say they gave it the old college try.
  16. Smallpox Augur

Instead of a Progression server, make a No Bot/No Box Regular server and do not allow people to transfer on or off it.

This will alleviate the problem of some people wanting to advance faster than others.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Uumdano Augur

Now that this winter tlp can of worms is opened, can we please settle how it is going to play out sooner rather than later. Many people`s play style, what server or even if they will be playing until this new release now depends on this information.

With the disaster that is LJ, if you were to institute a tlp that had no 3rd party software and a pnp, instead of not playing, I might continue to play while looking forward to the new server.

I am sure for all of us, it would affect how we are playing today. Since the cat is out of the bag, can you please make it a priority so we can plan accordingly, thank you.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You forget about what your pets do for you. Saying that your DPS should beat or equal pure DPS classes regardless of duration (burst/sustain) is a little much when you have something like a pocket tank to roll around with. That sort of flexibility has to cost somewhere.
    Derthe likes this.
  19. Hayzeus Augur

So as long as people can box the way that you like to box... that's okay? But if anyone boxes other than the way you used to box... that's bad? When classic was out, I only played one account, so that's the way that everyone should be forced to play. One account per physical CPU because that fits my play style.

hy·poc·ri·sy --- həˈpäkrəsē/
    noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
    1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
    PS: Acknowledgement that Brunlin didn't necessary say he was going to or wanting to box the way that he remembered doing so in the past.
  20. Aghinem Augur

I disagree. I do not see mages as OP. I see people who box 3+ mages being OPed. I don't box and have faced the many challenges as anyone else who has soloed or grouped with a mage.
    Leezerd likes this.