Producer's Letter: EQ Stuff to be Sold on Amazon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Herf Augur

Indeed. Just a few years ago I (with some regret, admittedly) threw away the old EQ toy figures I had (mage pet, troll warrior, Iksar, etc.) I'm almost 60.

That said, I WOULD definitely buy multiples of white metal unpainted 25mm heroic scale minis, aka. gaming minis! Player races, famous NPCs, dungeon components, etc.

Would def. prefer white metal to Reaper Bones material....but would probably buy Bones versions if the sculpts were good. I still have 40 years worth of minis I've collected, including one very expensive boxed set of when they re-released the Doom! monsters in white metal about 7-8 years ago.

But, please, no prepainted plastic toys.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Jalelorf Augur

The Everquest toilet seat cover is hilarious. :)
    jeskola and Nennius like this.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

An English pint glass with the phrase "Rez Incoming". It would be my EQ drinking glass. I'm sure the wife would want one as well. Hell, you could get one of the BILLION San Diego County micro-brews to go in on the cost in exchange for branding.

Raid Leader: "Alright, that's a wipe. Take your death and let the event reset. Rezzes incoming."
    Me: "Don't mind if I do..." *glug glug glug*
  4. KarmaKitty Augur

I did like the SOW potion bottle :cool:
  5. Crokker Lorekeeper

6. Numiko Augur

they even had a figurine for a gnoll, just have to change the name to fippy!

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

The problem with that is that only women would see it. Be serious, how many guys put down the toilet seat cover?
    Herf likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

Men could work on wife/GF faction by putting the seat down :D
    eepok likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have long thought that EverQuest was missing a trick in it's lack of merchandising, this was THE game that popularised the genre & yet it always feels so under-represented, for example so much, if not all, of the expansion cover-art could have been great wall posters or framed prints that look amazing on the wall of any home & are not necessarily geekware just great art, I also think the days of plastic action figures has to be considered against the backdrop of environmental concerns.

I like both branded & minimalistic stuff though, small monogram EQ on a polo-shirt, sure but a big printed t-shirt design with amazing EQ art on it speaks for itself & doesn't need a huge EverQuest embalzoned across it but it's all aesthetics & getting the balance between visually pleasing fashionable item & advertising for the game (which it is) is tricky.
    eepok and Scornfire like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Will there be an in-game achievement for this? :)
    eepok likes this.
  11. Herf Augur

That is a brilliant idea. Now we just need an inspired name for it. Camper of the Fetid Pool?
    eepok likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

And they could sell aggro reducing potions for RL use. We could call them, and I am just brainstorming here, maybe, perfume. In education we have been looking for school-home connections for years. This would carry that theme into the gaming world.
    eepok and Herf like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

And someone has beaten them to it:

[IMG]
  14. Beardsy Elder

Man haven't people been asking for EQ merch like this for years?

It actually amazes me how EQ merch never went massive. I know there was SOME, but really how much and how long was it available for? I definitely remember pre-order bonuses with some of the expacs but I never bought them unfortunately.

I'd LOVE to see EQ merch. Key chain ornaments/Lanyards. Beanies. Hoodies. T-Shirts.

Mousepads in many different formats - Preferably something on the larger scale myself, say 18x36 or so but preferences differ of course.

I'd buy an absolute ton of posters/wall scrolls if they were made.

It would be real fun to see seasonal EQ merch too. Just like in-game we've got Valentines/Easter/Halloween/Christmas etc...

I'm also 100% convinced that medium scale models of weapons/items/characters would sell out on pre-orders immediately.
  15. Herf Augur

Who still uses mousepads????
  16. Numiko Augur

EQ swag was not really sold to the general public, most were things offered up or gave away at Fan Fairs and such. If you did not go to them you have very little chance to find these items for sale anywhere except Ebay
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Beardsy Elder

Scornfire and Daedly like this.
  18. Jalelorf Augur

I recall action figures or figurines being included in an expansion, but they never followed through on those.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I pretty much like the idea of merchandising sublte products or some which have a use.

The keys thing is pretty nice, especially for a rogue, but there are so many keyways just in the US. Add Europe and you have a waaaaay too wide variety even for just one class :( . Unless you find an order-based manufacturer which does single-casts for every customer it would turn out expensive.

One or two years after I started EQ someone showed me a small decor clothing pin with the rogue's "Safehouse" emblem. Unless you know it it's just a clothing deco pin.

Same goes for neck tie clips. I don'T wear ties but if I would I pretty much would use one with an exclusive look and subtle rogue reference :) .

So go for such little things. T-Shirts are a "Every game has them" thing.
    RPoo and eepok like this.
  20. Herf Augur