Procing off of Flaming Arrow AA

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Evye, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Evye Augur

Should the sympathetic type 18 that procs when fire spell is cast be procing from the Flaming Arrow AA? The Flaming Arrow AA cost mana and is fire. Its not currently procing from it.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

I would say no because it is a dot technically. Has a duration even though it has the initial hit. Would be great if it did hint hint
  3. Evye Augur

Fair enough but makes me want to load up flamelick to see if it would proc from that.
    I know for a fact the sympathetic magic type 18 procs from our current dots being cast
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

5. Evye Augur

6. Derka Power Ranger

Well then it's either broken to cast off of DoTs or should be casting from our arrow procs that cost mana. The non-repeating is what threw me off:
    Slot 7: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points Non Repeating

But upon further comparison to other effects like treaded boon of potential which does apply to dots and has the same non-repeating damage, I would say it SHOULD work on arrows
  7. Fintank Augur

It doesn't work for the Arrow Proc line due to the fact the proc itself has no "associated" mana cost. With the way it works, a more apt description would be to call it a "mana drain" instead of a mana cost. The way they made these procs work is basically backwards from the norm, which is why we won't get sympathetic procs off it or spell foci.

Where most things will have a mana cost up front before the spell lands, these are backwards. The "mana cost" is a recourse off of the proc firing. Hence using "mana drain" would be a better way to describe how these work.

I assume they made these in this odd way to purposely avoid sympathetic procs. As much as an argument can be made against it, there's an equally good argument against having procs fire off of other procs.

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=51124
    Evye likes this.
  8. Evye Augur

Thanks Fintank I knew they were coded goofy but recently thought they meet the "rough" requirements.

9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My response for 100 mana cost was in reply to using Flamelick.
  10. Greymantle Augur

And the non-repeating bit means no dots, as that is the definition of a dot, repeating damage over time.