Problem with one box

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Raltar, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Raltar Augur

So I regularly six box but I have one character that has really bad FPS. All of the other characters are fine. All of the graphics settings are fine. I can log just that one character in and it still low FPS. Why would it only affect this one character? I've tried to delete any files on my PC with that character's name, but it doesn't seem to help. It could be in an area with a lot of players or just my team or even just him alone. I doubt it is a hardware issue because my other 5 boxes have no lag at all. Just the one character. I've made sure logging was turned off. I've tried changing the graphics settings for that character alone and nothing seems to help. Any ideas on how to fix this would be most welcomed.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

Are you multi boxing on one pc, or true boxing across multiple? Which zones are you experiencing this in? Some GoD zones have a low fps glitch which will only affect certain EQ instances.
  3. Raltar Augur

It is one PC. All zones. I 6 box and the other 5 boxes run like they are the only instance of EQ running on the machine. But this one specific character has horrible FPS and it doesn't matter what order I load them in. Even if it is the only instance of EQ running, if it is that character, I get really low FPS.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Does he have more stuff in game than the others - like full houses, full bank etc.
  5. ForumBoss Augur

Hm. Maybe his log is really big and filling up your swap file? I'd check the log sizes of your chars and try deleting / moving if it's too large.
  6. Daedly Augur

Have you made sure that it is using your graphics card and not just the built in stuff. I had to go in and manually add all of mine as my geforce wasn't showing it as a game that could be added.
  7. Defjam1 Journeyman

Do you run six separate eq files? Or do you load them all out of the same directory? If you run them out of separate folders, I'd hope you've tried running the "bad fps" account on one of the other eq directory's if not you should try. And if you do run them out of just one, I have no idea what could make that character be different than any other character since most settings are global with that configuration.
  8. Mortisand New Member

Is the Journal turned on? (I forget if that's a player or game level setting, but it was always known to cause laggy behaviour).
  9. Travestii Elder

Have you checked your CPU affinity for EQ in windows? You want all cores available for all instances.
  10. Travestii Elder