Probably a really dense question about Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by PraimFaya, Aug 13, 2022.

1. PraimFaya Journeyman

I've never fiddled with them and have 3 on separate accounts. I decided to dust them off and gathered a bunch of level 85 gear and some req 85 rec 90 gear. The stuff that's recommended for 90 but only required to be 85 equips the newly level 85 heroic character but it's yellow and gives no stats.

Required 82, recommended 87 works fine but not the 85 90 pieces of gear. They don't have any augments or anything like that. I feel like it's just me not understanding how it's working.

Thanks
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

85-90 gear should work on a fresh heroic afaik... Maybe the issue is that your heroic characters are not all-access and that the 85-90 gear is prestige?
    Stymie and Nennius like this.
  3. PraimFaya Journeyman

You win a cigar. Those couple items are indeed prestige. Thank you thank you.

I'm going to go drink some coffee and reflect on life now.
    Stymie and Jumbur like this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Most FTP accounts can only use Tier 1 armor and have very, very few augs they can use. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure putting a prestige aug in a non-prestige item makes the entire item prestige and give no stats. You can test that.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is now Snowbound and Waxing for high levels, that is not prestige. Just because OP is not paying does not mean he has no good armor or augs available.

Even paying accounts stick to either Snowbound or Waxing depending on character level. I can't wear tier 2 because I don't have the resources to farm it. But that's ok. We do quite well with stinky ole tier 1. ;) And there are many more like me.

The biggest hold up to F2P and Silver accounts are the lack of AA and no access to General Chat.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Shillingworth Augur

Augs are kind of weird and broken with prestige flag. A prestige weapon proc will still fire on a non-prestige weapon as long as it was in the weapon before you went ftp/silver. In my Anklesmasher (snare hammer) I have a prestige lifetap aug, still fired with silver status. However if you take the aug out as ftp/silver, you will not be able to put it back in. Worth testing for armor augs to see, they could be just as broken.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Silver accounts can use general chat. The chat restriction is weird though for FTP. It's like the silent treatment for being poor. The chat shunning should end.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

I dunno sometimes not being able to access general chat may seem like a blessing.
    Wdor, Stymie and Rijacki like this.