Prince Ralaifin - Time Trial

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TenkenTurtle, Oct 25, 2019.

1. TenkenTurtle Elder

Now I've tried this several times. Average Group DPS of 370k per second on the Ralaifin Fire elementals. I can come no where near to getting this mission beat in under 15 minutes. Question for any who have beat this achievement it since the patch to it was done way back. How ? Seems you would need a pure dps group to do this. Even then it might be really tight.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

The group makeup that I completed it with was an SK, Cleric, BL, and three rogues.
  3. smash Augur

monk, druid, enchanter, warrior, magician, and necro
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Gotta be North of 600K DPS sustained to beat the timer. Just math.
  5. Szilent Augur

the 600k (& OP's 370k) are likely inaccurate. The Ralaifins are gigantic mobs, making parsing "challenging" as players with any shrink or z-axis difference (as they're likely to have for billow-dodging) won't be able to log others' melee, only self.

I've beaten the trial with war/brd/cle & a broad assortment of three others, including further priests & other tanks & support classes besides traditionally "plain" dps -- as long as everyone knows that their job is dps, all classes can substantively contribute.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

600k seems easy.
    Tank does 200k. Add a couple dps that do 300k each, you're now at 800k.
    That leaves 3 extra group spots for a healer, and two random people.
  7. LostSoul Lorekeeper

what server are you on?
  8. TenkenTurtle Elder

600k Doesn't seem right. We can do 850k dps on first Ralaifin, 550k dps, 2nd Ralaifin, and 600k dps on 3rd Ralaifin. By that time I am over 15 minutes. Zoning in as soon as zone is ready. For the 1st 3 Ralaifin's that is over 650k dps and I am out of time.
  9. Aelen Augur

I did a run on this last night, where I sat in the middle of the mobs. I caught around 180M to 185M in damage on the first 3 bosses, and 145M on the Theologist--I did run to avoid the drain. So probably something north of 740 million damage, 185Mx4.

740M/900s = 822K DPS.

We squeaked it out at 878K DPS that I caught, probably another 50k I know I missed pushing it to 928K DPS. Factor in time engaging targets, errors and variations in execution, and possible damage still missing from my estimate, and you probably want to aim for something in the 950K-1.1M sustained DPS range. Our first boss was about 1.3M DPS, and it fell from there.

So doesn't require truly optimal setups, but it does require a lot of damage output.
    Szilent likes this.