Prince and Queen raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by valiantSeven, Jul 10, 2017.

1. valiantSeven Elder

Does anyone else get serious event lag when they do these raids with their guild? Every single time my guild does these two events in particular it takes forever for the sarnak adds to path in because the rubber banding is crazy.

If there's any developer that reads this in passing, could we get this scaled up for someone to take a look at it? It's getting really annoying and adds a lot of unnecessary time and frustration.
  2. Annastasya Augur

Some more details of your troubles might be helpful. Raids are laggy. This has always been true, and the degree of lag depends on several things including but not limited to, your ISP speed and stability,local and far away nodes. Your settings. Your RAM. Your processing power. How many players and/or pets are in the zone with you. etc etc.

i run Everquest on a mediocre machine, with a mediocre graphics card through mediocre internet. Most all the flashy stuff is turned off during raids. Most raid instances work fine when i am not running anything in the background. About 5% of them give me some small amount of trouble on a consistent basis. Enslaver instance was the last to do so. i can take steps on my end to be functional in that raid and timely with the reactions to emotes, but there is definitely something going on in the script, or mechanics of the raid, or the stability of that zone itself that can slow things down so that i am definitely not performing at maximum capacity.

My general advice- reload EQ right before raids to resolve any memory leaks. Purge your logs, turn off the bells and whistles (/log off /part low /shownames off) , and experiment to find settings that allow you to 1. Cast freely and quickly, 2. Move and Turn freely 3. Allow you to see the important things like auras , enemies, and terrain. 4. Minimize any chat lag 5. Allow you quick and easy access to information you need - buff windows, event messages, targets. etc.

Good luck and have fun raiding.
  3. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

Rubber banding is usually not a server issue, from my experience. See Annastasya's tips.

We did Prince and Queen earlier today and had no such issues.. but the chat lag extended the event start by a minute thanks to the count down queuing on the chat server with tells and other stuff (AB..). The events themself, emotes etc. appeared properly, just chat and zoning was compromised heavily.
  4. Romance Augur

We as a guild also experience a great deal of rubber-banding specifically on these two events.

No, it's not a client side performance issue.
  5. Fnyanea Augur

Same for our guild, queen is terrible..... High Bokon is another one with similar issues. When 2 boxing, sometimes 1 character will fall a long way behind, but other one will be fine.
  6. valiantSeven Elder

Thanks for taking the time to type that out! However, none of the problems we're seeing are related to actual game play on our end. Spell casting, the "fluidity" of the graphics, FPS-related movement, etc., etc., etc., are all fine. We don't experience these kinds of problems on Droga, Lceanium, or anything in T3, for example, but pretty much just Prince and Queen. We tag mobs, we pull mobs in, and then wait 15+ seconds for them to stop rubber banding or running into walls and lagging out.

I do hardware- and software-related things for a living, and the rig I'm on right now is hand-built and way more than sufficient. Combined with a Fios connection, lag isn't something I experience even on games like Overwatch, Far Cry, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Crysis, Skyrim, Black Desert... you name it. For what it's worth, my logs automatically cycle on a batch script, so they never get the opportunity to grow very large.

It's just these two events that are super terrible and it seems script related, which is why I was making a post
  7. Kiras Augur

Prince has never caused me trouble. Queen caused me massive lag until I changed my spell filters (PC spells to anything but show). I suspect it was related to all of the priest rains with everyone packed in a small area. Changing the filter to group or hide helped significantly.... although it broke some of my alliance triggers as a side effect :(
  8. svann Augur

IDK, it sounds like he is saying they take longer than they should to run up to the raid. I dont think the client could cause that.
  9. valiantSeven Elder

Correct. As in, our tanks get the Sycophants from the tunnel area and drag them to the raid and they're rubber banding and lagging the whole time. Not just for the tanks, but the whole raid sees it. Sometimes to the point of them rubber banding from the raid all the the way back to the tunnel as if they just spawned.
  10. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

After reading more comments I take my earlier comment back as i meant something different >.<

The things you describe can only be server related, like multithreading under heavy stress.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

queen raid has lagged my raid out had to reget the task but at least it was not on the chest win.