Fixed Internally Primal Vampire - Boiling Bloodrage

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fintank, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Fintank Augur

We experienced a bug with either the spell (Boiling Bloodrage) or the mechanic in the raid. I feel pretty strongly I reported something similar in beta but here's hoping it can get addressed now that T3 launch has happened.

We followed the mechanic and did what we were supposed to do but 1 person was stuck charmed. We repeated a round and after 2 successful kills that alleviated the charm the same person was still stuck from the prior emote. It was a necromancer for anyone that may have ideas or experience something similar. However, he had been charmed approximately 3-4 times prior in the event and never got stuck till the last emote he got at approximately 15%.

03/05/22 04:39:32 PM The Primal Vampire roars in rage. That rage infests itself in Findictive, Niragul, and Helicoprion.
    03/05/22 04:39:40 PM Your blood rage fades.

Obviously, this isn't a case of killing within the same server tic or as the cast happened as 8 seconds elapsed between mechanical events.

Bug aside, is there a particular reason why charms lock the bosses' health? It's pretty inconducive to winning to rack up tons of charmed folks when a single death gives you an almost certain raid wipe (Boiling Bloodrain), especially if it times with a boss AE.
    Duder, Raccoo, Jumbur and 36 others like this.
  2. Axxius Augur

We've had this happen on Beta and reported it. Absor said he would look into it and try to find what's causing it. Guess he didn't find the cause or couldn't reproduce it. It's not caused by lag, there was no lag on Beta.
  3. Amaryah New Member

Sucked watching this go down yesterday. Did this so many times successfully in beta, to watch it fall apart because of a bug was a bummer. Cost y'all a lot of precious time. Hopefully they get it taken care of in hindsight
    Ama
  4. Fintank Augur

Here's a link of what I described. We also ended up having 4 names called once he was bugged as it kept adding him in. I assume nobody else got 4 names the entire time as long as nobody bugged out?

Primal Vampire Charm Bug - Twitch
  5. Axxius Augur

The one time we encountered it on Beta, we got 3 people in that bugged perma-charmed way (one of them was a Necromancer but I'm not sure it matters). So then on any charm after that, those 3 kept getting added again and again, i.e. there were 6 names every time.
  6. Fintank Augur

Do you recall if those 3 that got "stuck" kept getting called throughout? Our Necro was *constantly* a target of that emote prior to him being bugged. It looks like he got 3 Emotes in a row and the 3rd one is what bugged.

EDIT: It looks like on our winning run we had 2 different people get 3 calls but did not get stuck.
  7. Axxius Augur

I don't remember if they were targeted before getting bugged. I remember that we ran out of adds to kill (didn't save any from earlier stages) and didn't release those 3 before the boss added the next 3. Then we got an add and killed it. But the first 3 people didn't regain control and were perma-targeted with the charm message every time after that. That attempt didn't last much longer, obviously.
  8. josh Augur

One thing i've seen cause people to stay charmed is they will run out of the room and up the ramp while charmed. presumably running out of range or LOS of the cure or mechanic that removes the charm.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Had this happen on AB just now. I got charmed right before our raid wiped. Charm was not removed at event reset. /exit, /camp and /quit didn't work, and I had to close the game from taskmanager to get rid of it.
  10. Qimble Augur

Had 2 people get perm charm'ed tonight. Killed 3 feasts and charm didn't clear off them but did off everyone else. Boss stayed HP locked the whole time.