[Priest] - Explain the difference to me like i am 5. Please.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Barc, May 11, 2014.

1. Barc Lorekeeper

Hey

I'd like someone with knowledge to explain to me, like i was a 5 year old, how the 3 different priest classes heal. I am just talking about healing, not utility, not damage. Just healing. The pro's and Con's of each class in a group / raid setup. What's their strenghts and where do they lack compared to the other two classes.

I am curious about this, as i've found an interest in healers since early vanguard launch and more or less stuck with it since then. But i've never been a healer in EverQuest and especially not in a current content raid/group setting. I'd like someone to break it down, so i can make a qualified opinion on which playstyle suits me more. Ofcourse i could just level each of the 3 classes to 100 and then try my way there, but this seem to be less...time consuming.

I do have an opinion on the classes of my own obviously, but i don't know if it's a correct assessment or not.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

For just plain healing clerics have the most options for just healing, they have limited utility spells.
    I will be corrected if wrong but Shaman and Druids are more utility/support classes first and healers second out of the 3 Wis casters.

All are capable group healers from what I know and all 3 classes are needed on raids, but your primary healer on raids has always been clerics. A good shaman or druid is sufficient in most group settings, but when it comes to strait healing there is no class by spells, AA or gear that is better aimed at healing than clerics.

But ive played a cleric for 13 years I may be biased :p
    Ravengloome likes this.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Thankfully this has been asked and answered a few times so it's on my list of links over on the www.eqclerics.org site.

Returning Player! Question on which healer - look at the 3rd post down for some key details

Playing a Healer Main in Today's EQ - Nov 2012 post but is still fairly valid today

Returning player with Questions about Shaman - but all 3 priest classes are covered here

And then if you end up narrowing it down to 1 or 2 but want more details, take a look through the first section of THIS thread (titled differences between the priest classes) and you can read others' comments about the one(s) you're interested in.
  4. Barc Lorekeeper

Exactly the stuff i was looking for. Thanks :)

Ha...Ha!(?)