Pricing Consistency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Faelthos, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Faelthos New Member

Please take a look at (and adjust where possible, for consistency) daybreak cash, platinum, and crowns.

For example: A Primary Guild Hall Anchor costs 500 DBC or 213 Crowns. This values roughly 2 crowns per 1 DBC.

Then, you have Crystalised Luck at 200 DBC, or 1000 Crowns, or 200,000 platinum, which puts 5 DBC per 1 crown. This also puts platinum at 200 per crown.

Consistency would be nice.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It makes perfect sense. You will only ever buy at the most 2 anchors. So they can sell them cheap.

However you will need more than 2 lucks.
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Luck is meant to be a currency sink (in part).
  4. Aurastrider Augur

At first glance I thought the post was about pricing conspiracy which would have been way more interesting. I love me some good conspiracy threads.
    Shanarias likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Highjack!
    Aaaargh. Dem freesail pirates been pricing dey booty way too high. Also undercutting me every chance dey get.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  6. Herodotus Augur

Now there's a hijack. What should the price of booty be?
  7. Faelthos New Member

I know it's a currency sink. That's not where I have any issue. Just saying pricing should be comparative across items. If 2 DBC = 1 loyalty, or 10 loyalty = 1 DBC doesn't matter, as long as it's consistent.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

I think what's missing from this thread is the understanding that frequency/demand comes into play too. You can't just compare and items crown cost to its DBC cost. People are more likely to repeatedly pay DBC for Luck than some items like houses or even anchors. You'll spend more DBC and potentially real cash if you have to pay more crowns for Luck which could be a recurring purchase.
  9. Faelthos New Member

I guess my point is, currencies usually have an exchange rate. 1 DBC = X loyalty = Y platinum. While it can fluctuate, the value remains relatively the same. So, if you were keeping consistency, and an item is sold for 200 DBC, and 200,000 platinum, and 1000 loyalty, that gives a relative value.

1 DBC = 1000 pp, and 5 loyalty points. The other item I used for an example is 500 DBC or 213 loyalty points, which means each DBC = .426. Why is DBC 20 times more valuable when buying item A, vs item B?

If it were priced appropriately, and consistently, Item A would still be 200 DBC (crystallized luck), and item B would be 42.6 DBC, call it 45), not the 500 they are charging.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

It is all about in what manner and what rate people acquire those currencies and what are expected demands on a particular item. The "consistency" you are talking about might have a basis if currencies in question were freely exchangeable in either direction. But they are not. You cannot get DBC for crowns or crowns for plat. If you got 2130 crowns, you can't buy 10 anchors, sell them for 5000dbc, and then buy 25 luck.

In other words, stop trying to correlate correlate currencies worth by looking at prices of items. They are on completely unrelated scales.
    Caell likes this.
  11. Sagarmatha Augur

This is a terrible post.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They want to encourage DB or plat purchases over crowns I would guess. The issue of a consistence exchange rate would only be applicable if you could actually exchange the currencies for each other.