Preventing copying over character on Test Inquiry..

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kniver1987, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Kniver1987 New Member

Hello,

I have several different characters on the same account, but on different servers with the same name. Some are the same class, though. I am looking to copy them to the Test server so I can experiment with them. If I change the character's names before I copy over, will it overwrite the other characters I have on the Test server? Or will they be considered new character copies?
  2. Kniver1987 New Member

3. Qbert Gallifreyan

You could change the name of the character on test once it arrives. There cannot be more than one character with a given name per server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. xxGriff Augur

copying to test will only overwrite the same character with the same name from the same server. so, (there are additional rules, if that char moves servers and keeps the name, it is STILL the same char and will overwrite a testcopy) if you have x2 characters with the same name on x2 different live servers it must pass thru the name check. so, if there is not another (or has never been another) with the same name (spelled the same, regardless of class or server) then your name will be copied unchanged. if there has ever been another with that name (does not have to be in use or even active) then there is a scheme to rename i.e. a character will generally receive an "e" or "ex" to the end of the name. so "name" would become "Namee" or "Nameex". you can only overwrite a character with the original character you /testcopy. moving to another server will still overwrite the test copy (as long as the name is still spelled the same and surnames do not have any bearing on this procedure).