Prestige Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leeanni, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Leeanni Elder

Is there a certain point where older prestige items change to be usable by Silver members? Some older raid items from 5-6 years ago were prestige and some were not. Just wondering if they ever change status. If not, I have several characters that will no longer be usable as there is nothing available outside of raiding to replace the items.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They stay Prestige forever.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is plenty of non prestige items to replace those older raid items. Almost all the Teir 1 armor should be non prestige. For example ROF fear touched, COTF latent, TDS castaway, TBM crypthunter and EOK rot drops.

If nothing meets your needs from those and you are a hard core raider then yes, you need to go gold. ;)
  4. Ssdar Augur

If you're looking for raid gear specifically, the last full non-prestige tier was in call of the forsaken. If you're just looking for gear wearable by free-to-play characters in general there are a lot of options at higher levels.

Levels 75-105
    Pretty much all the gear dropped or vendor-bought in The Broken Mirror is not prestige as well as the augs that go with them to level the gear from 75-105 (the type 5 augs from this expansion remain the best non-prestige augs available, so good to get those resplendent sulstones if you plan on keeping some characters silver/ftp. The visibles this expansion are called "Crypt-Hunter's" gear.

Level 105
    The next step up from TBM gear is the Tier 1 gear from Empires of Kunark. All the gear dropped in Tier 1 zones: Lceanium, Scorched Woods, Frontier Mountains, and Gate of Kor-Sha is not prestige which includes the visible "Cohort's" gear.

Level 110
    In Ring of Scale, there are two options for non-prestige gear. Tier 1 gear from The Overthere and Skyfire Mountains is non-prestige. This includes the "Scale Touched" gear, which unfortunately requires the "Selrach's" gear from tier 2 EoK zones to make. The Selrach's gear is made using Cohort's but IS Prestige, so if you do choose this gear path, make sure not to upgrade your cohort's until you have both the Selrach's piece and the scale-touched to upgrade.

There is also a tier of tradeskill made gear in RoS that is all non-prestige if you are a tradeskiller or know someone that is. This gear is all called "Conflagrant" gear for all slots.

Last, we have the current expansion The Burning Lands. All tier 1 gear from Stratos, The Plane of Smoke, and Esianti is non-prestige and currently the best available non-prestige gear. The visibles from this tier are called "Weeping Undefeated Heaven" armor.

So there is definitely a good gear path for the free-to-play player in EQ. While subscribing to All Access will definitely improve your character with Alternate Advancement points and all the best possible gear requires a membership, you can still get very respectable gear without it. Hope this helps!
  5. Sobmre Augur

wanna make some cash daybreak ???? have an item in the store that lets you unlock one slot to be able to use prestige gears......
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

I feel like they'd make more money making people stay subbed? I always assumed the prestige gear restriction was their way to incentize people to not just occasionally sub for AA.

But to Ssdar's point, there are some decent alternatives now. (My standards are lower though since I'm a casual player).

Good luck!
  7. Moege Augur

Since when ?

Cohorts you click get a pieces of gear, Selrach you click and get a piece of gear
  8. Ssdar Augur

oops! my mistake on that part, you're right. Been a while since I've actually been in EoK and I just went straight for the TS gear for my silver account characters in RoS. Good catch!
  9. Bobokin Augur

There are prestige AUG items (Type 5) that make the item they are in prestige as well . That is a pain in the backside for players that don't always play All Access on all accounts. I don't know if this is intended or not, but it would be nice if it was changed.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Is T1 from TBL.. none prestige?
  11. Aurastrider Augur

Just doing a quick search on raidloot.com excluding prestige and searching only TBL it produces lots of results so I would assume it is non prestige.