Presence of the Mighty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silentchaos, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Rumlebrag Elder

1. it was not needed, the resist system worked fine and just like the old days and the damage was in line
    2. it broke pets that are now a nuisance on raids
    3. it breaks FD... it is fine that being hit by an AE breaks FD, but that stupid aura with gigantic range makes it VERY hard to FD in case of trouble/wipe/splitting of the bosses...
  2. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Fixes have been applied for both of these issues, and are just waiting for the next patch to roll them out!
  3. Weebles Augur

Why haven't they patched this yet? This seems like a significant enough issue to warrant a quick patch. Ragefire has now gone 2 months with a Velious.
  4. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Because it's not game breaking at realistically only effects 2 servers. I've yet to see anyone say that they can not beat an encounter because this mechanic is in place.
  5. Rumlebrag Elder

it is pretty game breaking when it makes certain basic functions impossibly by the faulty implemention, making the encounters a lot harder then they should be.
  6. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I don't consider 3 mechanics impacted (Breaks FD, Breaks Invis, Agros Pets) as game breaking, nor do I consider making an encounter slightly harder game breaking.
  7. Moranis Augur

The pet aggro thing is really annoying in ToV. Especially if you're fighting non-PoTM mobs and someone else is fighting a PoTM mob nearby and your pets go all haywire and just attack the nearest thing (completely out of the blue) when your raid is half-afk and you all wipe.

Thankfully no one really plays mages anymore and the few necros we had just killed off their pets from then on, so it was really not a huge deal, but it cost us about half an hour to regroup.
  8. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

annoying yes.... able to wipe people that afk on raids, sure... Game breaking? No!
    The fix is in, and we're what a little over a week from it being applied...
  9. Adonhiram Augur

My heart bleeds...
  10. TheTick Journeyman

This debuff needs to be removed from the game.
  11. TowerDefense Augur

I actually like it. It is slightly annoying, but i dont think its that bad.
  12. Machail Journeyman

Add my name to the list of people who could do without Mitigation of the Mighty and Presence of the Mighty. Especially velious and beyond - why is it needed?
  13. taliefer Augur

mitigation is definitely needed, player dps is much higher than it was during the original timeframe. the % of the mitigation scales down as we progress, but its still needed.

Presence on the other hand, is an unneeded mechanic all together, since player resist gear hasn't changed
  14. Finley Augur

I still play magician and really enjoy it. I think I read my pets nerfs get relaxed a little bit in Velious, but I am not sure. Really can't wait to get to an expansion without MOTM.
  15. Machail Journeyman

I get it. I guess I'm just not one who really cares about an "authentic 1999 experience."

It just seems odd - make instancing so that content is more accessible, then make mobs hard to actually kill without a zerg, making the content inaccessible.
  16. Adonhiram Augur

Glad you do :) I play on LJ where Velious unlocks today, I'll see if my pet hits a bit harder than before on MotM mobs. What scares me more is the introduction of PotM, but the devs said they would fix the pulsating aura so pets don't get aggroed (or invis/FD broke) anymore.
  17. Lyrical Augur

You are a glutton for punishment. I applaud your persistence. I love landing a complete heal on my pet for 2200 hit points when its nearly dead and realizing only 1500 of those hit points are buffs. Love being level 58 with , having my buffless pet die to a light blue mob in chardok in like 11 seconds and then having to get healed throughout the entire fight while i tank the mob, without haivng casted a single spell on hte mob in the first place. Its just that my cotton panty pet gave me that much aggro in its short 11 second life that my tank couldnt pull it off of me.

Imagine if ya actually nuke something........shiver.
  18. Finley Augur

The funny thing is the pet aggro changes are pretty amazing in general. The ability for pets (especially charmed) to be able to tank groups is great; except it sucks with them being soooo frail at the same time (and epic pet specifically generating a ton of threat)
  19. Adonhiram Augur

I wasn't a big fan of the pet aggro rules change at start, but I have learned over the weeks to appreciate it and to use it to me or my group members advantage, it has made the use of pets more flexibel -regular or charmed, whatever-, like assisting your chanter (hold your chanter's mob while he tash, mez or charm it) or taunting a mob from a cleric who got heal aggro. For that, epic pet excels, and his super high aggro is at the end more a plus than a minus.

When it outtaunts constantly your tank, I agree it can become an annoyance though as it will die faster than an average geared tank, and it makes your tank feel uncomfortable. The solution to this, beside of course checking your taunt button is not pressed, is to make a liberal use of the Stop button. You can also ping ping aggro that way between the real tank and the pet.
  20. Chuuk Augur

Is the PoTM supposed to have a huge z-axis (vertical) range that goes thru floors?

I was fighting at the frenzy camp in Velks yesterday (Ragefire) and a guild moved in to kill Velk and both my pet and I got the PoTM debuff.