Presence of the Mighty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silentchaos, Apr 17, 2016.

1. EQForumAcct Augur

And the real progression servers don't play WoWquest.

Folks like you still refuse to understand. Loot coming into the environment at a GREATLY accelerated pace = characters who are overpowered comparatively to the past = the mobs needing to be harder.

Or are you one of those people who thinks just because you pay $15 a month, or spend a krono, you should just be able to open the store and get your loot allocation for free every week?

Because that's exactly how you're sounding. Right now, with the regen "fix", everything is killable. The fewer people, to a point, will take longer. And? Pet-wide aggro - know how to fix it until the next patch? No pets until engaged. Take 8-10 secs, cast your pet, buff it with your pet haste, and be done with it. So what if you lost 20 seconds. Monk FD - yeah - it's a pain, but such is life. You just learn to work with it and move on.

If you don't like it - www.worldofwarcraft.com - and hit your loot pinatas every week.
  2. scorallino New Member

Do you have any clue what the buff actually did? Do you play a tank? You realize that the mob is still actually hitting you during defensive and .. get this hitting harder since the buff! I clearly stated which you are to stupid to have read that tanks getting 500+ resists w/ buffs are clearly sacrificing something. You clearly have no clue what that is.

You know . You're clearly one of those AFK raiders (mage) is my guess who has no clue what this buff did. Sit down, shut up, let the big boys work.

Keep zerging chump. I'm done acknowledging your existence.
  3. scorallino New Member

Go back to whatever TLP you play on and 200 man the content you scrub.
  4. Trackanon Elder

Derailing this thread into "You're stupid" isn't going to help anyone. A majority of the players are very unhappy with the buff.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  5. TowerDefense Augur

Lol, you're trolling is beginning to be amusing. Please provide proof that your amazing guild can do anything with less than 30 people, before you constantly accuse me of zerging. My average raid for every mob in this game is like 4 groups.

You are in fact not good. If you think getting hit for 600 a hit while being spam healed and resisting 90% of the fears and 95% of the lifetaps (including partial resists) is worse than getting hit for 500 per hit while being spam healed...you are dumber than your making me out to seem.

You're going to continue to respond with your nonsense and drivel about me zerging , when in actuality, im killing things worth much less people, due to our abilities to actually understand the game.

Nice try though, i await your next troll post.
  6. Obsessed Journeyman

MR remains trivial on all mobs with appropriate resist gear. The occasional spell landing SHOULD happen, just as in Velious the occasional one round is theoretically possible on tanks. (Defensive severely turns the odds in the Warriors favor).

CR for Gore... If your fight lasts longer than 4 minutes then sure it comes into play... I'll give you a hint, your bards should be able to duel wield during this encounter... If She is still up after 4 minutes another ability is available to ensure your Bards can focus on maximum resists while your melee can't be feared...

There should be no complaining about Kunark mobs after the addition of:
    1. New healing spells for Shammies, Druids and Pally's,
    2. Discs for Bards

I imagine those that split raid are really enjoying the challenge, especially if they are dps light. These low number split raids are the only thing that have me considering rolling on Phinny.
  7. malaki Augur

Clearly they need to remove this and also reduce all players skill caps back to 1999 levels, remove all focus effects, change spells back to how they were in 1999 and change the xp rate to 1999 levels as well.
    SqueeshSqueesh likes this.
  8. yerm Augur

[IMG]
  9. Spooky Augur

Because puretone is on Phinny.. right.. maybe you should raid gore in era with this buff before you talk.
  10. Dranix Augur

This is an incredibly constructive reply that really gets to the heart of the issue. Thank you for taking the time to contribute in such a thought out and masterfully way. Its really nice to see that individuals can participate in a discussion without their personal bias bleeding literally everywhere.
    Adonhiram, Ozzie, Ladysoth and 2 others like this.
  11. Moranis Augur

I just want to know what gear you're rocking to get +500 MR...I've only ever seen mid 400's and that's with puretone playing. Have a magelo link of what gear is getting you there?

I know bard songs + GMR only add a total of like 220 or so. Do potions stack with those guys too?
  12. malaki Augur

Greater Null Potions do stack.
  13. Moranis Augur

Even still...220 from spells/songs + 25(?) from potion, + 30(?) base = 275 MR.

That means someone is wearing >225 MR...that seems insane. Thats more than +10MR per slot...every slot!
  14. Polekn Augur

Bard songs without puretone add 209MR, with puretone they add 292MR. You know that bards can actually maintain 2 songs, right? That is before GMR or potions.

And yes, we do have tanks on Phinny with 500+ MR with bard songs (no puretone here yet).
  15. Moranis Augur

So, 209 + 25 base + 40(?) from GMR + 25 from Potion = 300 MR

So still, 200 worn MR is impressive...I think full BD gear only gives like 37.
  16. Lonye Augur

So what you're saying is, an untested unmentioned mechanic was added to raid bosses, no one likes it, not because "it's too hard" more because "it's annoying and takes away a lot of the good of raiding."

Daybreak pushed an untested mechanic? Sounds like a normal day at the office.

In all reality though, I agree with most of the people in this thread:

-What is the purpose behind this change?
    -Are you achieving that purpose with the current end results?

These are questions you need to ask before s*** like this is pushed live.
  17. Polekn Augur

The only problem with this change that I see is a pulsing debuff which keeps reagroing pets and breaks FD. It is annoying, but not the end of the world.

It made bards even more valuable on raids. It made melody bots who do not know song lineups and have no gear useless - and it is a good thing.
  18. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

If you feel Bards are useless unless it's in a tank group or an outdoor fight than please send your Bards to FI where we will put them to good use! Even after the addition of PotM Bards still provided valuable resources in EVERY fight. Even pure tank and spank melee mobs!

I don't know if your Bards are playing the wrong songs, or your players refuse to get resist gear to swap out thinking just having a Bard is enough, but EVERY AE (through Kunark at least, since we have not yet reached Velious I can't speak for those) can be resisted or partially resisted with the proper gear and a Bard in your group. Every fight that does not have an AE Bards can provide other valuable songs to improve the abilities of the group.
    Elrhon, Obsessed and Polekn like this.
  19. Soon Augur

Did FI move to Ragefire or Phinny? Or you want us to send the bards to the dead server destroyed by you?
    TowerDefense likes this.
  20. Katrina2013 New Member

Got em!