Presence of the Mighty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silentchaos, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Vorshayla New Member

Never thought i'd say this. Can we have Verant or SoE come back? They at least knew what they were doing half of the time. Stop breaking and ruining a game most of us have come back to to recapture our fondest moments in many of our first MMOs. Why change what wasn't broken in the first place? Good job breaking Inny twice in 4 months by the way.

Why are we paying your salaries again? you certainty aren't giving us the service or experience we're paying for.
    Friday likes this.
  2. Krondal New Member

Signed. Absolutely horribly implemented and should be completely removed.
    Friday likes this.
  3. Dral Elder

Killed mages as a raid class now bards - fun times.
    Friday likes this.
  4. Soon Augur

Mage will be useful again once Velious comes (CotH FTW. LOL) RIP bards.
  5. Zool Elder

Is it just me or are pets auto aggroing some mtom buffed mobs!?
    We pulled vindi and pets went for him before he was in camp without sending them.

Or is it me missing something here?
  6. Obsessed Journeyman

It is a Detrimental Aura, as an aura it ignores LOS.

Once aura touches you/pet the pet will aggro as you don't have the /pet hold command yet.

They are fixing the way the aura interacts with players in the next patch to prevent it from breaking invis/FD on application.

Additionally, it makes raiding fun again! Having capped resists was gimping several fights, now the evil dragon empire can land some spells on us.
  7. milbenator2 New Member

For those saying it makes bards useless you guys are completely and utterly clueless. You obviously don't have enough resists on your gear, the correct buffs or even using resist potions. Because with a bard for me on VP, Gore/Tal it is the difference between resisting and not.

If you aren't able to currently resist the new Presence of the Mighty AOE with a bard in your group and then you are just lazy for not having the easy to obtain diamond/blue diamond gear, all the correct buffs and using 2 super cheap to make potions.

As far as aggroing pets through walls and breaking feign death, I agree that is crap.

TL;DR With easy to obtain jewelry, Buffs and 2 Potions I resist some/alot of AOE, with a bard in group I resist all AOE.

Maleix
    AoS
    TowerDefense likes this.
  8. Ladysoth Augur

Bud. We have people in our guild that are sitting at 350+ resists after PoTM not resisting a single fear. I have full resist jewelry and a couple other nice pieces as well, like a tranix crown, and I get well over 300 after PoTM as well. Not resisting a single one. We use null potions. We remember to buff up before we engage a boss mob. We use everything. We do not resist ae's. One of the warriors in my guild had every single fear hit him at 354 MR post-bard and POTM on Talendor last night.

I have no doubt that you being in a VP farming guild makes your resists higher than mine, but thinking that we somehow don't use full resist jewelry and resist potions and that's why we're having a problem is pretty silly and offensive of you. That's EQ 101, and the game's been out 17 years.
  9. milbenator2 New Member

10. milbenator2 New Member

Not resisting fear is not really a big deal.
    Resisting the AoE that actually damages and kills you is what really matters.

And just a tip, in case you were not aware: Your tanks have these things called disciplines, some increase their tanking significantly and they even have this amazing one that allows them to resist fear! I know I know, mind blowing!

Just a quick tip, for gore and tal if you click off your sow/jboots before a fear you travel less distance, then reapply them to run back to the dragon, rinse and repeat. You can even take it a step first but I don't want to overload your brain with useful 16 year old tactics.
  11. Garanle Elder

Have they ever posted what the mission statement for Phinny is? What is the goal? I think that would be a really good thing to post. Please no replies with it is to make money, that is obvious.

You look at some of the things they are doing as we move into Velious in a month:
    1. Mitigation of the Mighty Changes.
    2. Non-Instancing or load balancing ToV
    3. Broken Hate Instance

At first i thought Phinny was meant for nostalgic players to come back and remember the fun parts of the game. And it works! Prior to Phinny I had three deactivated accounts, and felt soo burned by anything this company does after the poorly delivered expansions post shards of fear (which was less than good in its release). I was never going to start up again, then I read about Phinny.

Now I have two accounts, and I like that 30 players can drop the mobs in old world content. It is nice getting on with people you know, work through the fights and are able to relive the times when you once did this. And I am paying for subscriptions, mission accomplished. Why on earth would they keep doing stuff like this that messes with the formula.

The game doesnt need to be tuned for 70 people to take these mobs out. The dev that thinks that needs to be fired. For the love of God that mentality has driven away too many people. A larger guild can split into two 35 person raids or zerg down the content. What will make phinny successful is keeping the nostalgic players playing. Allowing this stuff to be killed by 30-40 people. Given we have 3 months to get something with 1 week lock outs means you really have 12 -15, roughly, raids for each mob before you have to move on to the next content (which is going to assume you had a year to get gear for all slots and when aa's come out, something is going to need to be tuned)

I personally think that MotM goes to far prior to the spell addition. The logs of a warrior with top end gear for the expansion on a defensive parse the mobs still hit for more than they do on live with our defensive.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:46 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 800 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:47 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 375 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:50 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 650 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:52 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 650 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:52 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 475 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:54 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 800 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:56 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 325 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:09:58 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 325 points of damage.
    [sun apr 10 09:10:01 2016] Severilous claws YOU for 400 points of damage.

His max with defensive up should be in the 600's because the maximum hit point gear hasnt changed much from the old days. Now you add spell damage enhancements on top of that, and you're really making it a challenge for clerics.

Post the mission statement for the server, then listen to the community on how to keep the fan base around. I am not asking for a button that pops up after a wipe to enable easy mode. Just asking that instead of trying to tune a mob for 70 people or 54 people let it go with 30 and see if that keeps people coming back. I know what will happen if you keep going the other way our guild of 34 -37 raiders will go find another way to waste their time (not eq).
  12. Maddox New Member

Please remove this, it's terrible. I understand what you were trying to do, but this is hurting everyone 50X more than it's adding any value. It has effectively made raiding into a chore with very little payoff and honestly has me on the verge of going AFK until SoV. Please roll this back and stop with the changes. Phinny is already a success, work the bugs out and stop tweaking the raiding scene.
  13. yerm Augur

There's really no chance that this gets tested. Zero chance. I know this because at least some of the changes do not even get looked at, let alone tested. When they don't even load up an instance and just sniff test enough to see that THE mob it's for (eg inno or yeli) is not even there, but push it into production and live anyway, the idea that something more complicated like testing gets done becomes totally implausible.

I understand. My programmers don't like to so much as look at their results either. I once had someone's daughter's picture on top of a lien where the company logo goes - blindly tossing results over the bow happens, whether I like it or not. Just... please... recognize that you're doing this. Recognize that you don't look let alone QA or test. Recognize these limitations. With that realization in place, please, consider just making simpler changes that don't need this much testing. Instead of adding a brand newly designed and unique aura to all the mobs that causes spells to do more damage and be resisted less, wouldn't it be so much safer to just add numbers to the AE damage values and -resist number?

I am someone who DOES want mobs to AE harder. I just don't see why this becomes some new mechanic never seen before with its own bugs to work out. I also can't fathom why it needs to be harder in the resist category rather than just damage or duration. Resistable and/or dodgeable AEs are a nice way to get players to use gear and/or dodge, and hurt attempts to just brute force down with numbers. AEs which are unavoidable and unresistable don't add challenge, they just add a numerical need for numbers to either heal more or dps it down sooner. I'm honestly really damn sick of how much every change sounds good and then gets implemented with additional stupid crap, like some dev is trying to show off, that ALWAYS just adds a motivation to zerg more. Stop trying to impress us with brand new nonsense and just make good, basic changes or copy and paste EXISTING area effect mechanics that will not need to be tweaked.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  14. taliefer Augur

unnecessary and poorly implemented mechanic is bad and unnecessary and needs to go.
  15. scorallino New Member

Kids - lets try to get the flaming of one another to a minimum in this post so we can actually accomplish something.

This is a SEVERELY broken mechanic that doesn't need to be in this game. What classes are useful/useless has nothing to do with this.

It wasn't tested because it breaks FD and agros pets zone wide. FD is a basic component of the game and raiding. There's no debating that this wasn't tested AT ALL.
  16. Moranis Augur

Lvl 60 with 309 MR and 319 CR (after PoM debuff) not resisting or even partially resisting a single fear or AoE from Gore? C'mon now. Basically, you need to roll into a fight w/ 400+ resists (does that even get you any resists?) or you just say screw it an load up on HP gear (not that its really going to help).

If you're going to require insane resists to resist anything, at least give us better partial resist mechanics. Give me a little benefit from trading in all of my kronos worth of sweet gear for whatever random crap has +5mr or cr!
  17. Ozzie New Member

Welcome to ZergQuest

A emergency patch is needed....
    Remove everything you just did with this boss buffs, your about to make people quit this game.

I bet most people came here to get the nostaglic trip not be a part of a 70-150 raid zerg.
    A game that req that amount of people to do anything will never last.

/Someone very fed up by every patch latley
  18. Drakyria Lorekeeper

Large raid forces will continue to do what they have been doing, the debuff is more of an annoyance than anything else. The group most affected by this change are smaller raid forces. I'm almost thinking this is being done to mitigate people going back to previous era content and killing with ease... Which if that's the case is super crappy.

For many, half the fun of playing EQ is getting so powerful that you can go back to things you did before which were a challenge and curbstomp it into the ground. Our guild does a FFA Sky raid every Friday and we bring alts, cookies and booze. Because it's so easy we can be silly and have fun. But now... I dunno. I might have to scale back the drinking.
  19. TowerDefense Augur

Youre a liar, flat out. Or you have the worst RNG ever.

With 352 MR, i resisted every single dragon fear during an entire severilous fight that lasted over 4 minutes.

I understand youre upset because you have to try harder, but lets quit the hyperbole. The change is annoying, but its manageable. Actually makes fights like sev and tal a challenge aith less then 30people.
  20. TowerDefense Augur

The fact that you are even raiding gorenaire, just shows you have no idea what youre doing. Stop wasting time with gore and go kill 4 voxs a week. Seriously, gorenaire is useless.