PrePaid Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Herodotus, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Herodotus Augur

I am trying to get one of my brothers back into EQ. His credit sucks, but he does want to play again. Do PrePaid credit cards work for buying expansions and paying to play?

I found this page that seems to answer my question:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/218049537-Will-a-pre-paid-or-gift-card-work-

But how do I know which prepaid credit card can have an address assigned to it? I am not going to give him my credit card number (long story) but I would like to help him out.

So, any tips on how to proceed?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He can play free for many many levels.

Some people have no problem with their debit card working as a credit card - as it says: so long as they have the MC/Visa logo which would also be like the pre paid- here is a more recent discussion on the forums:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...it-payment-is-deactivated-since-years.259260/

You could purchase Krono and he can pay you for it in cash and then you give him the Krono in game to pay for his monthly subscription.

As a last resort - if he were to pay you up front then you could use your credit card, pay for 1/3/6 or whatever months, then cancel the account so it does not charge again in X months and remove your credit card info from the account management screen so he cant use it again.

Even though you cancel it right away he would still be considered "all access" until the X months are up
  3. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I live in Canada, and I use Pre Paid Credit/Gift Cards all the time for subing and buying expansions.
    Herodotus likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dang...if that works in Canada it will work here! Ay?
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

You can use pretty much any prepaid visa/mastercard/amex. I have used various ones over the years (debit cards, primarily, in case that matters), only depending on what I happened to find at my nearest Walgreens. I never register them on the card's website, and I just use my address (or one of my previous addresses). I use the thing printed on the card (often something like GIFT CARD RECIPIENT in caps) as the name and no issues for me.
    Herodotus likes this.
  6. Herodotus Augur

Many thanks to all for the suggestions. Now to get him back on again. :)
  7. Herodotus Augur

I am perhaps being overly cautious, but I wanted to check and see what others have experienced. Thank you.
  8. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

This was a concern for me as well, because if the website is out of the US you can not use the standard Visa prepaid debit gift cards. For instance you cannot use it for the GoG website because they are located out of the US for their games and then they themselves do not have gift cards like Steam does. Amazon that is not in the US, say you were buying for a loved one out of the country, you are out of luck as well. The US Amazon does have gift cards, but they only work for the US branch. Other countries that use Amazon may not have gift cards at all or you could not normally get your hands on them. And you cannot transfer loaded funds on one Amazon account to another.

So it is good to hear you can use Visa prepaid debit cards for EQ, as I am not sure they bother with having prepaid gift cards for EQ or Daybreak in stores like they once did as I recall, when Everquest was THE game to play and had very few competitors. It should be noted however, that you generally have to pay a few dollars just to activate the prepaid debit card. So it is $5 on top of the $100 or what ever you are putting on it, with the $5 totally lost in that initial transaction. But is safer in my mind, than just giving someone or online your actual credit card. Now if only they went full Classic Trilogy and stayed there, I would have a real reason to purchase it yearly. ^^!