Preorder Expansions taken away then deleveled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Kiras Augur

I wasted a krono on this. Would not have used a krono on my box if we did not have access to ROF with pre-purchase. Because it was available, I spent a krono and went leveling. Now I'm down to level 90 again and my toon is effectively useless. No point in exping on him because all of the AAs he needs are higher level.
    Had the expansions not been available after I pre-ordered, I wouldn't have spent a krono. So I'm pretty angry.
  2. Triquience Journeyman

I have 2 toons this happened to. Why the hell are both of them deleveled to 90? I can live with the 18 of 20 expansion ..... but, I don't understand the delevel part .... fine ... i can't get into voa or rof ... but why the hell would u delvl the toon? I'm not xp'ing on those characters until all the levels are correct and all my aa's are correct and all my gear is correct ....

I specifically wanted to get them both to 100 at expansion release ... guess that will be a big fat fail.

This is really really shoddy ... even for SOE
  3. Veridic Lorekeeper

Good night everyone. I am going to put positive thoughts out into the ether... When I log on tomorrow my levels will be back and I will not be naked.
  4. Mojomadness New Member

What I don't understand is if you have 18/20 expansions, that Should mean you have VoA. The level cap in VoA is 95. So why would they delevel you down to 90?
  5. Krovak New Member

Exactly my thoughts as well. Let's be clothed tomorrow once again.
  6. Triquience Journeyman

That is a real class act Sony. Doing something like this and not putting out a news report explaining yourselves. Everybody in Customer Service should be ashamed of your complete lack of professionalism and the complete disregard for notifying your subscribers of such an underhanded act.

Since you did this to us blindly, maybe you can answer some really important questions now if its not too much trouble?

Whats going to happen if I take my delvl'd lvl 90 toon to the grounds and do 8 hours of decapping? or do dailys for the next 2 weeks?

Are all the levels and AAs i make going to be added? How is this going to work? One of my toons is lvl 96 with 2800 AA's ..... if i get him to lvl 93 in 2 weeks ... will he be level 99 at expansion release or back to 96? Will all the AA's remain?

This is pretty GD important question somebody at SOE needs to answer before we sink anymore time into these deleveled toons.

Plus, there are no decent AA's to buy at lvl 90 ... what the hell to do for 2 weeks? buy innate underwater basket weaving? uhmmm NO
    Leerah likes this.
  7. McDougal Augur

LOL I don't really understand all this but I don't think it will take you all long to level up all your boxes. Are you saying you only bought this and never bought ROF? If you bought ROF there would be no problem. If you didn't and are just some poor returning player leveling to 100 in a month with great gear that's been put on hold until the expansion sails then you have my sympathy. I doubt many are though.
  8. Triquience Journeyman

You have alot of people in the last 2-3 months that were holding out for the expansion. Why pay $40 for RoF in July or August and then pay another $40 for CotF in September?

I purchased pre-release because it opened up VoA and one of the dailys is the valley.... doing both 90's everyday was crazy aa/xp. Plus i was able to do all my portal quests for RoF and pick up some rots in RoF

Tons of reasons to buy the pre-release knowing that it opened up VoA and RoF ..... but then to have it ripped out from under you ... and your character deleveled. which, now i understand why the toon was deleveled. I'm just need clarification now on whether to xp/aa in the next 2 weeks or are they going to roll you back to today on release day. Which after this fiasco ... i wouldn't put it past them to roll me back and piss away 2 weeks of xp.
  9. Mulleteer Elder

Here is a good analogous situation.
    You go to rent a place, and tell the landlord you want to move in September first. The landlord says sure thing. He/she then tells you the place is empty now if you want to get inside early and set the place up.

You think great. You move your furniture in clean the place up, maybe throw a little paint the walls. After being all set up you show up to your place one day and find the doors locked. You go to the landlord and ask, “what’s up? The landlord is like don’t worry the place is still yours next month, however I am going to keep all your stuff locked up for the month. I will let you have your stuff back if you pay the previous month’s rent (aka buy rof now).
    People who have played now have unplayable characters unless they a) buy rof b) possibly rebuy gear.
    Some people have paid gold subscription for the month when they would probably not have. The gold upgrade is useless to them as they have no aa to buy.

Now the real question who was it hurting if they just left it the status quo? For the SOE appoligists out there why do you care? This does affect you in any shape or fashion? Why do you care if someone gets rof or voa a few weeks early. Are you worried they are going to steal your camps? Or are you people who derive pleasure from schadenfreuden?
    Vexus, beryon, Ringkeeper and 2 others like this.
  10. Feldian Journeyman

Here's a kick in the nuts. Any AA that you bought that requires RoF expansion will no longer work if you no longer have RoF. So most of my class AA abilities are no longer usable, AKA so screwed. I guess SOE really wants me to buy RoF at this point.
  11. Rohllin New Member

So i just came back to EQ from WoW after being gone a long 8 years (I have been back 2 or 3 weeks). Alot of things are completely new to me. I do not own VoA/RoF. When CofT became available for pre-order and I found out that everyone was getting VoA/RoF immediately upon pre-order, I thought "Sweet, i can just pre-order and not purchase RoF now, save myself some money! Great timing!". And then, even better, my brother hooked me up and purchased it as a present.

Now, in my experience, when you pre-order something, i.e. a game at GameStop or god forbid, an expansion in WoW or something alot those lines, the company does not "wait to charge" your card. They dont place a pending transaction that may be there for 1 month or 2 months, or however long. They charge your money then and there. You dont get access to that new game or expansion until its released, which is fine, thats the whole point of pre-ordering. They get your money early, and you expect you will have said game guaranteed waiting for you when it releases, not have to wait on the store to get more, etc. And usually they sweeten the deal, like sony did, and give you some money off for purchasing early.

The purchase the newest expansion and get the old ones for free thing is kinda new to me, because WoW forces you to purchase every expansion individually, unless you purchase a package deal or something, but when you pay or pre-order for those, it was immediately charged to my card, no sweat, and hey, im getting it at an exact date.

Something like what happened, giving me an errored access to VoA/RoF with the pre-order and then turning around and just yanking out access as well as de-leveling and removing all of the AAs that I have earned, is just bad customer satisfaction. I have searched and searched for a thread, announcement, something that says, "Hey, sorry everyone! We have found that when pre-ordering CofT, some people have gained access to VoA/RoF that were not supposed to! This error has been fixed. Dont worry! These are the steps we're taking when CofT releases:" or something along those lines. How about letting us know what theyre going to do to take care of us for their lack of ability to either spell something out clearly, or own up to their mistake?

Yes, i have read the responses in this thread, and indeed, we should be responsible as adults and own up to mistakes and errors on our parts. But, this applies to Sony too! There is probably not a single person working there that is not legally an adult, therefore they should be owning up to it as well. Compensation? Sure. Whatever. I just dont want my hard earned experience (Levels AND AAs!) going to waste. When I pre-ordered, I was only 85 with 400 AAs. I am now 92 with 1800 AAs. Not a huge amount to regain, but still a lot of time. I want to know what Sony is going to do.

IDK. Just my tidbits from someone who has seen a few different games and styles of management.
  12. Lenowill Augur

I don't have a dog in this race (haven't pre-ordered), so this is just my assessment and comment:

This is a flub up the size of something PerfectWorld Entertainment would do with NeverWinter. By that I mean it looks really negligent and reeks of people not setting crap up correctly.

Remedy this, SoE, and remedy it fast, cause it will hurt the bottom line otherwise, regardless of what apologists on the forums say. :-/
    Denhbers likes this.
  13. Sineryen Journeyman

Just came back from a 3 year break. Pre-ordered and saw that I had all expansions past HoT... thought it was a nice thing to do on soes part. My gear has since been replaced and I've already hit 100 and am geared in all but two slots in Frightweave. I'm not looking forward to logging in tomorrow and seeing that I'm back to 90 and completely naked.
  14. Sineryen Journeyman

Not to mention the several hundred aa that I've already earned in lines from both expansions.
  15. FVRules Journeyman

Yeah, really thing to do to your customers.
  16. Leerah Augur

Yeah, the AA lines are a BIG problem. The way I understand it, is if you fall below minimum level of the last AA in the line that you purchased, all of them become unusable til you regain that level. I wonder how they will fix this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sorry you're analogy is flawed. First off, SOE never gave you permission to do anything other than get access to CotF and previous expansions upon the release of CotF. So the correct analogy would be if you heard that the apartment was empty already and not locked and moved your stuff in and did stuff; then when the landlord found out he moved all your stuff out into a storage locker, and locked the apartment up. You don't have access to the apartment and the changes you made to it (expansions you haven't paid for and the levels you gained above the level cap of the highest expansion you own), but you still have access to all of your things (everything you had access to previously) and once your lease goes into effect you will have access again to the apartment and changes you made to it (expansions and levels).

Also, the reason why SOE never bothered to address the thing in any of the original threads was because consistently all of us veterans made a point of saying no you do not gain access before then. Pre-ordering has always change the number of expansions you have to the max, but until this year to my knowledge it has never let you zone into any of the expansions until the expansion released and payment was taken. As far as the whole, "we've been talking about it for 3 weeks" thing, it was not until this last week that I saw any talk about people actually being able to zone into zones and being able to level past their previous cap. I am willing to bet most others on these forums were of a similar mind.

The AA lines it sucks, but that is a risk one takes when you start buying AAs without knowing if the levels you gained are officially intended to be available yet.
  18. Rohllin New Member

So it was that hard for a Sony member, any Sony member, to respond saying "No, you will not have access until it releases."? Im just curious is all. Just because theres some forum response from regular players does not mean that it shouldn't be addressed by an actual employee. Just my 2c.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Leerah Augur

I don't get what is up with you apologists. You got 11 months that you paid for. Why don't you want anyone else to have it? You make counter-arguments when something that YOU want is being given away.

All the players suppositions/predictions as to what SOE intended are invalid. The officials said nothing and did nothing when this was pointed out Sept. 4! They are the spokespeople and the deciders. My supposition that they intended to be nice is worth what your supposition that it was "same as it ever was."
  20. Ringkeeper Journeyman

I think it was a major faux pas on the part of SOE to allow access (when it shouldn't have) in the first place. The "old policy/veteran" argument is negated by that fact (i.e. possibility of new policy). They erred in allowing access, and some - including myself - erred in biting. The rest of the debate is fueled by anxiety over losses of progress. It's in the past. The best thing they could do now is to release a statement to reassure customers of their previous standing. I am sure GMs will resolve any specific losses (and unfortunately, due to this mistake, take away from other needs). Calling people "stupid" and "sickening" is not constructive - does it really further "community"?
    Leerah likes this.