Preorder Expansions taken away then deleveled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Lyddea New Member

I was also de-leveled on a gold account. I just recently came back to EQ and now all but 2 pieces of gear is yellow(not useable)
  2. Ringkeeper Journeyman

They should have made those terms clear on the order form. I have not pre-ordered an expansion until this time. I actually came to the forum to confirm those terms. Either I could have made the assumption of old policy or that they had instituted a new policy. It was vague and so they perpetuated the expectation of a new benefit.

Obviously, I am not making a legal argument as much as an ethical argument.

I am concerned about players who spent time like me on Tasks, Missions, or as others have mentioned, destroying or manipulating in-game gear (Level 92+ required gear).
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Ringkeeper Journeyman

I am first time pre-order player. I think it is brash to assume that we are not taking responsibility. That is beside the point. Ultimately, I could care less. Though, I would like to see better business practices as a result. There are in-game repercussions such as status of unfinished Tasks or Missions or actions taken to change in-game gear. Thanks.
  4. Veridic Lorekeeper

I purchased the newest expansion because people said it came with the previous xpacs. I had no reason to believe this wasn't the case. This is a HUGE error, and the responsibility is SoE's to fix their . Not mine to ensure that what they have given me access to was "intended". Adult life is about being held accountable for your actions. Maybe some people were taking advantage of what they new to be a bug, this was NOT the case in every instance. SoE should rectify their mistake.
  5. Ringkeeper Journeyman

I really dislike the "you should have known better" argument. First, many players are returning and may be making their first pre-order (ignorance of previous policy). Secondly, companies change their policies all the time (to sweeten the deal). Anyways, its in the past.
  6. Siddar Augur

They don't have to state that you don't get a free Ferrari with the placing of a CotF pre order. There is no requirement to spell out anything not included in the purchase the requirement is to tell you what you're buying not what you'er not buying.

There is also no requirement to deliver something you have purchased before you have actually paid for it.
  7. Siddar Augur

You haven't purchased CotF yet you have only placed a order for it. As soon as you actually pay for CotF you will have access to RoF and VoA expansion as well.
  8. Guttin Fuzzyears Journeyman

It was spelled out pretty clearly when I pre-ordered it.

From SOE's website https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

Bauer likes this.
  9. Veridic Lorekeeper

Agreed, but there is a reason to state you will not get something that was being delivered with the purchase of the pre-order at the time of the pre-order. I would not have pre-ordered without knowing I was getting the previous two expansions as well.
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Ringkeeper Journeyman

The Ferrari is a strawman. Obviously, ceteris paribus.

With these specific terms (retrospective application), there is potential for damage in the game. I had unfinished Tasks and Missions. And a few players might be anxious about their lost experience (which I am sure will be recouped). They should be careful about these terms. Who knew?
  11. Leerah Augur

Where?
  12. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Even those words are ambiguous when considered in the context of the access granted. Either I could read it to say "All included" (regardless of timeline) or carefully inspect the qualifier "When...." to mean strictly at launch date. Anyways, some dropped the ball by allowing access and there are some negative effects.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Guttin Fuzzyears Journeyman

I'm sorry but I don't find it ambiguous at all. The qualifier of "When CotF goes live" sums it up clear as could be.
  14. Leerah Augur

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/cam/amHome.vm Go there, click on Payment History. There at the top is the cancel button for CoF pre-orders.

This is like letting people in the store for a Black Friday sale, waiting til they are at checkout with their items and then saying, "Nope, we made a mistake. Store doesn't open for 3 hours."
    beryon and Veridic like this.
  15. Veridic Lorekeeper

It was available and being given when I purchased it. Do you read the fine print on everything?
  16. Veridic Lorekeeper

Is it possible to purchase just VoA for cheap? I don't have enough plat to re-equip myself, and I am not waiting for CoF to be able to play my character again.
  17. Siddar Augur

Well the topic comes up every time there is a new expansion and the answer is always the same.

You can also see Guttin Fuzzeyears post as well.
  18. Guttin Fuzzyears Journeyman

Yeah I do read the fine print. This wasn't exactly "fine print" considering it is right above where you can click a button to start the order or click a link for more details. It was not intended to be given before they received your payment for CotF as that little blurb by SoE clearly states. Now if you did the transaction through the pop up when before server select it could be different. I don't remember what that said as I ordered through the website. If it's not on that screen and you pre-ordered through there. I can see some warranted criticism for not putting the info there as well as the website.

Common sense should tell you it's clearly not working as intended. Posting about hey I'm getting this expansion early what's the dealie-o SoE?!?! on their forums is a sure fire way to get that changed. Complaining when something you wouldn't have at this point if things were working as intended is kind of silly.
  19. Toquillaw Augur

You got some time with early access, but it was a mistake. You haven't paid for the content, and progress you made and items will reactivate when the expansion comes out.

I think the only issue is that it was a silly thing to screw up, since this has been a rule they used for a long time.
  20. Veridic Lorekeeper

I did order it through the pop up, after being told that the other xpacs get unlocked when you pre-order. Until I was de-leveled today, I didn't even know they had yet to charge me. Bottom line, I pre-ordered because this was being given away. If it has been as you say, something that has come up before- they should have fixed it. I'm nude and angry... Have you seen an ogre nude and angry?...
    Leerah likes this.