Preorder Expansions taken away then deleveled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Veridic Lorekeeper

With the arrogant responses I'm getting from TSR I am very, very close to just canceling the pre-orders on my accounts. I know it's not a lot of money to them in the grand scheme of things, but I am truly pissed.
  2. Leerah Augur

They release content in dribbles. I don't think many people would be unhappy if they declared it "Live" now. Except those who counted on their CC cutoff dates for billing.
  3. Leerah Augur

I cancelled 3 so far.
    Veridic likes this.
  4. Siddar Augur

Pre order but then cancel it before release to gain access to VoA and RoF for a month for free.

Scammers going to scam and this is why we cant have nice things.
  5. Veridic Lorekeeper

I purchased the pre-order so I could catch up and be ready for the new expansion. I am now unable to play my main. I am extremely dissatisfied with how they handled this. I am not waiting around for a month to play my character- I am showing that disapproval the only way I know how.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

What does it matter if they did? Once they cancelled they would lose the levels and AAs anyway...
  7. Veridic Lorekeeper

EXACTLY....

Why take it away?! If we don't pay when it comes out, THEN TAKE IT AWAY.
    wingz-83 likes this.
  8. Siddar Augur

Free access to RoF and VoA for month is what they gain. Did I mention its free? Did i mention there are hordes of scammers on internet looking for there next free pizza deal.

I also don't think they can gain any AA even with this if they're at silver AA cap already.
  9. Siddar Augur

Completely valid points but the scammers ruined it for you.
  10. Veridic Lorekeeper

Free? I payed a ton of plat, and sunk a TON of time into equipping my character the way I wanted him and now he is UNPLAYABLE.

That is not free, it cost me QUITE a lot to see 5% of two expansions.
  11. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Is there any response from CSR? Is this a mistake or bug?

If this is not a mistake, the above poster is correct in that there was no response (due diligence) on the part of Customer Service when players previously brought up the retrospective application. The pre-order was more appealing with that aspect. There was de facto ratification of the contract by letting it be for so long (negligence on their part?).

Not trying to make it a big deal but it feels like a sleight.
  12. Leerah Augur

Scammers? Oh please. After all we've put up with from THEM? One month is a bonus preview- like in the old days before big business 'ethics' took over.
  13. FVRules Journeyman

Only fair thing for them to do now is sell RoF and have all sales include the new expansion. Whats the difference, in either case they get the money but this way they earn some sorely needed goodwill.
  14. Siddar Augur

The anomaly was that pre orders this year gained people access to content before they were charged for them. In the past pre orders never gained access to released but not owned expansions until they were charged for them.

Now they have corrected that mistake.

It would be nice if they could allow things like this mistake they had with pre orders this year. Its a clear improvement for those that actually pre order without the intent to cancel. But the scammers who will exploit the system make it impossible for SoE to offer such a deal.
  15. Ringkeeper Journeyman

There was a de facto expectation for the performance of the contract that was perpetuated by the negligence of some actors. Most good businesses would own up to their mistakes - even offering a voucher.
  16. Veridic Lorekeeper

I would go for this. Take my money now for the xpac no one wants to buy because the newest one is right around the corner... Which is exactly why I pre-ordered the new one in the first place >.<
  17. Siddar Augur

I wonder if they can legally sale a enhanced RoF + that includes CotF for free along with purchase. The above would be the same price as CotF purchase but would charge for purchase immediately because it would be considered a RoF expansion purchase and not a CotF expansion purchase.
  18. Leerah Augur

19. Siddar Augur

They never stated the above behavior was intended. In fact they have stated clearly in the past that you don't gain access to prior expansion that are not owned with a pre order until you are charged for them.

SoE never stated the behavior with pre orders of CotF were intended. They have clearly stated in the past that what happened this year with pre orders was not intended.

I don't see how you have a legal complaint when all information available to person buying CofT pre order indicated that early access to expansions not owned was unintended.

Besides the above point is that no one has been charged for CofT as of now and anyone who pre ordered is still able cancel there purchase at zero cost.
    Bauer likes this.
  20. Sebbina Augur

Really, since we have been doing digital downloads, there has been no entitlement to unpurchased expansions until release, now some one erred, in not making sure that folk could not access the interim content, but folk still went where they should have known or at least suspected they weren't supposed to be. So the server side has been updated, and now the ones who have crossed into the new zones/levels early are upset because SOE did not do the thinking for them, granted a response could and should have been issued earlier and not just have folk log in to find themselves altered. Still, I really have little sympathy for folk who always blame some one else, because of their own behavior, didn't know-okay, did ask- good, did not get formal access-tough, grow up, adult life is about thinking and taking responsibility.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Bauer like this.