Prelim luck healing data

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tour, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Tour Augur

Nothing especially extensive, just some very basic numbers to get a rough idea. I'm less interested in seeing what luck does compared to a base of zero, cause no one is going to find themselves at a base of zero. No one has to make the decision of "Should I get gear with or without luck?". Instead I wanted to start to get an idea of if this was something one wanted to truly max out, at the expense of "crushing" duplicate gear, investing DKP, awarding loot, etc.

Conditions: 110 clr casting in GH, rank 3 spells last expan raid focus, eyes life and decay max, all heal modifying AA's, heal modifying familiar, no AA's active other than CotD (prior data shows no modification in twin heal rate; so used CotD to speed up data acquisition). I know I should record what my heal amount is for completeness, but honestly HA is a joke, so who cares. The difference between the two groups below is only about 100.
    Reference: direct crit heal base = 56%

Direct heals; luck = 4.
    1019 total eligible heals, 569 total crit (55.8% of heals), 319 reg crit (56.1% of crits), luc crit 250 (43.9% of crits)
    M Remedy non-crit avg 43056, reg crit 86188, luc crit 89918 (delta between crit types 4.3%, 3730)
    S Remedy non-crit avg 36658, reg crit 73480, luc crit 76365 (delta between crit types 3.9%, 2884)

Direct heals; luck = 12.
    1390 total eligible heals, 787 total crit (56.6% of heals), 379 reg crit (47.0% of crits), luc crit 417 (52.9% of crits)
    M Remedy non-crit avg 42930, reg crit 86071, luc crit 91655 (delta between crit types 6.5%, 5583)
    S Remedy non-crit avg 36709, reg crit 73291, luc crit 77588 (delta between crit types 5.9%, 4297)

Going from 4 luck to 12 increased luck crit rate by 20.6% (total overall crit doesn't change), and increased my luck crit amount by 1.9308% and 1.6027% for M and S Remedy respectively.
    The difference after tripling my luck, admittedly at the lower end of the scale, was meager (more so when one considers that many heals in practice are not landing for full anyway). I only have 12 luck max, and that is from scavenging unwanted group gear just for testing purposes. The average luck a person will have once fully geared will of course be above 12 easily, and I don't know what the effect cap is. The luck crit rate and affect appears more font loaded and surprised to see how generous it was even at a luck of 4 with 43% luck crit rate. It just feels like even having low luck you get much of what you're going to get out of it and gains after are of diminishing value. But will need more data to graph it out.

Will parse out greater luck values once I have them, and while it certainly isn't a bad thing to have, I can't see myself marshaling time and resources to bring to the very edge compared to the opportunity cost of using that gear / DKP / time etc for other purposes. Especially considering we don't know how luck will work next expan and if we can then start using different items to combine or luck gets "reset" cause you no longer have duplicates from one expan to next to combine with one another.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Nice post, Tourterm. From the basic examination I've done your experience is similar to mine in other impacts of luck. Specifically I'm getting a lot of lucky melee/spell crits, but the increased damage is modest. I kind of expected luck to result in a typical TBL equipped character (call it 30 luck) getting lucky crits around the same frequency as a D&D d20 crit, but the impact to be much greater.

I figure the first iteration of luck in TBL would be a careful step into logarithmically improving gear that so many other MMOs (especially Korean) ones are based on, and in future expansions it'll play a more important role.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless, of course, we're skipping TBL.
  4. took2summit11 Augur

Very nice write up. It looks like the primary benefit of luck is not to increase the amount of crits, but to convert more of the crits into lucky crits which are better than a normal Crit. I was not aware of that. To answer your question I believe the current luck cap is 50, which was said by Ngreth in beta forums and I believe when you look at inventory it says your luck #/50.