Predictions for EQ expansion #26

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Captain Video, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Captain Video Augur

I know it's early days, but I'm pretty sure I know its name already:

Everquest: The Frozen Skies
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If they keep the theme from the burning lands(where we visit fire and air) and let us visit the remaining 2 elemental planes(earth and water) afterwards, then I doubt it will have "skies" in the title.

However, "Everquest: The Mudpit of Power" will be a hard sell...:p
  3. Aelen Augur

Everquest: The Fetid Bog?

Everquest: The Dank Cave?

Everquest: The Murky Pond?

Everquest: The Silt Filled River?

In your epic quest, sift the silt from the river to make the water clean and the earth dry, restoring balance to the planes.
  4. Sancus Augur

If expansion titles were logical, an expansion with Fire and Air would have "Lands" in the title.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tucoh and Jumbur like this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

It will have a_corrupted_snail as well as The Snail Lich King, and also The Garden Terror, bringing forth a more dark and sinister side of molluscs...

#ridetheslime #glisteringtrailofdeath
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It's time for the Unicorn of Death to come and save us from the Burning Snail. You all know you'd do at least one account on premium expansion if you could ride a swaggy unicorn mount.
  7. Ismel Augur

Snail sandwich you know its comming
  8. Peltier Elder

Prediction the first :
    And a great number of new accounts will become upset and demand things change or they and their 20 other accounts will no longer pay for such atrocities as things broken upon launch, quests not finished upon launch..

Prediction the second:
    "Elite" gamers in the world of everquest will find that 1 exploitable "mission/quest/progression" thing an use it to farm ad nasium until they have all the grp coin needed for new augs.. (Dev's might do a roll back (via OT mission style or not)) And then an unprecedented amount of new accounts go live to scorn ridicule an try to belittle the dev's who punish (rightfully so) those who are actively looking for ways to get over on the game ..

Prediction the third:
    RoI will again be 1st in any progression raid race. Other guild's will inevitably claim that had issues with this or that .. whaa whaa whaa momma hit me with a wiffle ball bat ..
  9. Gnomereaper Augur

Because of the Snail:

Escargo puns in one of the Partisan or Mercenary tasks.

Escargo food for baking.

I'm hoping there is a giant snail raid mob.
    IblisTheMage and Peltier like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Maybe I'm not in the right circles but it seemed like in the last few expansions all the top 5 guilds or so cleared the content pretty easily and without public complaint, with RoI edging them out for first place.

As someone who doesn't raid, I think I'd personally enjoy the game more (either through schaedenfreude or an increased sense of game integrity through the introduction of challenging content) if there was a more explicit hard-mode that was tuned to be extremely difficult to beat until guilds geared up from the new expansion.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Miss_Jackie like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I predict frogs legs and snails on the menu!
  12. Raptour_MT Elder

My predictions:
    -Gear will be the same unimaginative stuff with a 2%-5% increase.
    -A bunch of stuff will be broken at launch because they don't/won't listen to beta testers.
    -They will over nerf classes/items because they don't/won't listen to beta testers.
    -Some classes will be struggling still after launch because they don't/won't listen to beta testers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

My prediction will be the beta period lasting shorter than this year, which will be the new record for shortest beta ever.
  14. Kruler Journeyman

Expansion 26 will contain the DOT revamps for Necro's and Sk's but all the DOT's will be snail related, so mucus of death and sticky slow snares.

As an expansion every year is easier than doing what was said 3 years ago as "SOON"
  15. Yimin Augur

From what I have heard you'll need two groups for content ! Any truth to this ?

YiMin
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

So does that mean that a gnome will make a car in one of the Quests?
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think it will be the 2nd half of this year's expansion.

Or maybe just a TLP server.
  18. Lheo Augur

Two groups for content? That would kill EQ in 1 month:)
  19. Lheo Augur

we will get lvl 110 only gear and items, we will get new AA and a new story linie, some raids and thats it...
  20. Tucoh Augur

I hope not. The talendor two group raid in RoS was really unpopular.