Prayer shawl

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurastrider, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

So I have heard mixed opinions about obtaining the prayer shawl aug and its relevance at current end game. Having a nice proc and still fairly decent stats seems like it would still be useful for most but I don't feel like spending the time trying to obtain an item that is outdated.

What classes would it still be useful for (can be general such as tank, priest, caster and melee) and what classes would it be a waste of time for if it really is. For me personally I still have 4 augs with less than 40 AC on my main sk so I know the aug would be an upgrade for those slots but I am sure there are easier aug upgrades I could obtain. Thanks again in advance for any replies and safe hunting.
  2. Lianeb Augur

If you’re planning on doing the artisans prize which I would consider required for anyone today. There is no reason to not take a few days and knock this one out. It is not hard to do now it just takes some time and once your trade skills are on par that time is greatly reduced
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Already have my artisans prize and am about 80% evolved atm. I have pre farmed all the items for the shawl 1.0 on 5 toons but I understand the underfoot part can be a pita with semi broken quests from what I have heard. I am down for doing it I just don't want to get into another time sink if the reward is obsolete.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The aug is certainly long in the tooth for melee types as compared to casters mine is bagged at the moment. I suppose the extra hate generated from the Rune is something to consider for a SK. As stated above there are a variety of recipes to learn from all 3 shawl arcs. If you have not maxed all your trophies, some really nice recipes open up upon completion of 3.0 arc. The ability to use Lumber Planks, Writing Ink, Medicinal Herbs and Black Powder Pouches for high trivial combines are auto learned as part of the quest. These combines cannot be done without having completed the Aug.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It is time consuming, but far from hard. Any class can easily molo the entire shawl line now a days, the time consuming part is maxing TS's and getting TS drops. As others have said though, if you plan to do Artisans Aug, you'll be doing TS's already. Then you just have to camp some mats and run through some easy quests. As a priest I still have mine equipped, mana return plus a small group heal chance on every spell cast. I've never parsed it so I'm not sure how much it returns in the long run, but I assume it's more then I would get from upgrading to a higher base stat aug.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I want to say the trade skill alliance quest can be done with 300 in the basic trade skills without the shawl, it is however a precursor to the shawl 3.0
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It took me about a day for each Shawl quest, at 105. Of course, I had a lot prefarmed from previous toons but that's not unusual anymore.

I'd say it's worth it if you already have the trades at 300+. It's not hard and doesn't really take much time anymore.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just went through shawl 2.0 over the last couple months on Tat (was in no hurry). No quests were broken, everything worked the way it was supposed to.
  9. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I’d do it. Very easy just takes a little time. I would just work slowly on it and do bit by bit when you can. Eventually it will be done. :) Besides, I wouldn’t be surprised they add an upgraded version eventually. As tradeskill stuff seems to be a thing now.
  10. Angahran Augur

It would be nice if there was a way to switch it between the various procs.
  11. Brohg Augur

There is.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Thanks all for the replies. Since I already have all the 1.0 mats farmed I think I will start on this while I multitask on my box toons farming the remaining mats I need to finish my artisans prize evolution.
  13. TenkenTurtle Elder

Still seems pretty relevant to me.
    Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke
    AC: 55
    HP: 350
    Mana: 320
    Endur: 320

Agility:+8
    Dexterity:+8
    HP Regen:2
    Mana Regen:1
    Heal Amount:6
    Spell Dmg:6
    Clairvoyance:6
    eepok likes this.
  14. Goshdern_VZ New Member

I did the Shawl and AP around the same time last year (they're kind of a blur tbh), and for my caster it sure helps with mana (procs a lot).

Only thing I have left is the final raid drop, does anyone know... do you have to do all the backflagging still to do that raid? It seems like a major hassle if you do!
  15. svann Augur

No, just have someone that is able to request it.
    Goshdern_VZ likes this.
  16. Critts Augur

Love haveing this on my wizard! I would say still a much needed item. And you never know it could be upgraded one day.