Fixed Internally Practically Impractical Gifts item not there

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Murte, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Murte New Member

Category: Pathing [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu Mar 23 00:59:27 2023

Character: Level 120 Shaman (Main)
    Zone: Crescent Reach

Description: Spirit of the Lost collection finder is claiming there is a sparklie under the elevator on the first floor of Crescent Reach...no sparklie can be seen. it is showing me that spot over & over.
    Loup Garou and CatsPaws like this.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

I see it often...
    If you can't find it, you may have a rival.

[IMG]
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

It could be on the canopy, it could be on the top floor.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Same thing is happening in Stone Hive for the Vintage Toy Ships.

Spirit shows a collect at one spot near the entrance, even makes the path to it but it is not there. When I reach that spot the path disappears and no shiny. Have repeated this about 5 times. Always same spot.

No one else is in the zone. There is no canopy, column, stairs etc for it to be on. Its always the same spot.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Stone hive has multiple levels that collects can be on any, the ground floor you walk in the front, the basement you go down the spiral at the back, the balcony from the ground floor, then 2 elevators to take you up from the balcony.

Or get the /loc and post it here someone can check that spot.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

7. Loup Garou De loop de loop

For those not familiar with how Spirit of the Lost works here is what happens.

When you cast it you get a yellow path to a red X or you will get the message that a mysterious force prevents you......but you will still see the red X. You will usually see that message when it is up or down a level or in a maze etc.

Either way, once you get to the X if the path stops and evaporates then that means your at the collectable. You will see the collectable shining at that spot too. No matter if you pick it up or just stand on it the path will evaporate - not just disappear.

If the X is on another level etc then your path disappears but you can still see the red X and where it is continued and the path will pick up again when you get closer.

The one they are talking about in Stone Hive is at -145.54, -66.74, 42.38. You will get the path and the X and when you get there both evaporate but no collectable. So it cannot be on another level or it would still show the X on the map.

Although that location is not going to do much good if the collect does not show there. Or you can rotate thru the Spirit numerous times till it hits that one.

Adding a like to first post
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

9. GNOME_POWER Augur

Yes, I agree that the title of the thread is inappropriate.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

To be entirely accurate, that means you have reached the /waypoint. The path and X are tied to a waypoint, not a collectible, if someone picks it up in the meantime before you then the waypoint will evaporate only when you reach it, but there won't be a collectible (**unless it is improperly spawning under the world).
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok then I reached the "waypoint". Although I don't use that command. I use the Spirit of the Lost which prob does /waypoint behind the scenes. The collectable is not there. It and the path both poof when I step on that spot.

NO ONE ELSE IS IN THE ZONE.

Than you all for the suggestions which are nice but why is this turning into arguments and semantics? Either click like or go on.