Powersources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Frogmancer, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Hickers Elder

At least in TDS, aside from the flagging issue, you could head to the zone you needed, knowing that if a PS dropped it would be the one you wanted. When the drop system for the ROS power sources was announced, I foresaw the headache it would cause. The very likely outcome that you could invest hours of your time and still end up not seeing the PS you want.

Simplest solution (Ngreth has stated that creating new power sources is long winded), create 4 TS recipes that correspond to the ROS PS’s:

Eg: 4 x Primordial Dynastic Radiance + New_Vendor_Item_01 (plat sink) (Smithing, min skill 350) = Cliff Stone

And so on...
    svann likes this.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

More like...
    Pottery Wheel:
    Purified Clay, Small Block of Magic Clay, Primordial Dynastic Radiance, Water Flask -> Primordial Infused Energeiac Clay
    a Mix of Essences from Esianti (Golden Beryl(Earth), Unebbing Ember(Fire), Pure Drop(Water), Lightning essence(Air) (One of each but you remove one of the 4 for different PS)
    Primordial Energeian Sketch ->Vendor
    Vial of Purified Mana
    = Unfired Primordial Energeian XXX Orb

Kiln:
    Unfired Primordial Energeian XXX Orb +
    High Quality Firing Sheet

Primordial Energeian XXX Orb container(Tradeable) with 1 slot to put in a Diminished Inhabited Muhbis!
  3. Hickers Elder

Ok, I admit my recipe suggestion was very rushed, but you get the idea. My main thought was what would require the least effort to implement. Without asking a Dev, I'm not sure what is easier: Making 4 new TS recipes point to already existing items, or creating 4 new items that are essentially existing items, just renamed.

Also, I can see your point about making them require Diminished Muhbi (making them require killing named a la TDS) but if that was the case, I would hope that the drop rate of Diminished Muhbi was increased to compensate for the extra demand.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The problem with those 2 recipes is it just shifts the farming from one expansion to another. So, in 2-3 expansions, we're still farming old expansions for powersources.

I prefer the idea of just making them a plat sink craft. So like Block of Clay + Water + [special vendor-bought item to determine the type of PS that costs 50-100k]. Then you have the choice of either spending a bunch of money, or farming them.
  5. Angre Augur

I wish the Dev's would do something about this ridiculous time sink you have put into power source hunting for RoS. It seems it has been extended to TDS, as the drop rate appears to have been reduced for them as well.

From what I understand, a RoS power source for any class can drop from mostly any named, making it a ridiculous task to restock your class specific power source. At least with TDS you knew what zone to go to, to get your class specific power source. Now, why this simple feat of organization and implementation was not introduced to RoS as well, is beyond me, and I'ld rather not express my opinions as to why.

Please do something about this! Just increase the drop rate of subclass specific power sources by specific Named spawns, without over doing it and making them over abundant. We still like a challenge, but out right ridiculousness time sinks are a thing of the past imho.
  6. svann Augur

I have no problem with it being random and rare, but I just dont think it should also be only available from old expansions. When ros was current it was fine. Getting a group now to go back to ros to farm for hours when there is only the possibility of maybe a rare PS dropping and then maybe winning the roll is too much. Not for boxxers maybe, but for groupers its too much.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Everyone need a pocket mage with VP access for coth ;)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

This is where your hardcore crafters come into play. They will have a barter to buy the materials and probably do a lot of their own farming also. They will keep what they need and sell the rest to players who have no desire to farm. Some people will avoid farming or crafting anything. The end result is a healthier economy, happy crafters, and happy players who just want the stats but want to spend their time doing other things.
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

How would we pad our Magelo profiles without Power Sources? <snicker>
    svann likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I think they should be global drops from names of the correct level + and/or make them tradeskill with again global drops from NPC of X level plus.

What happened to the Devs wanting us to play in the lastest expansion to improve ourselves?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I actually don't mind when things require you to go back to older content. It adds to the nostalgia for me.

However, when this happens, they should keep two things in mind.... 1) don't make me need to spend huge amounts of time there, and 2) don't require me to bring lots of friends, who probably have no interest in what I'm going back to camp.

Frankly, if they'd keep those two things in mind more often, it would smooth over a lot of the rough edges.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Exactly I love going back to older content that I enjoyed knowing it's still "relevant" in current EQ. Being a crafter I can find an excuse to go to almost any expansion and actually enjoy the content for a while farming materials.