Powersources should always drop in current content.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yendar, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Yendar Augur

As mentioned in another thread. Is there any drawback to this? Having to go back to previous expansions to spend hours on end at a chance for a power source is just a ridiculous time sink & not enjoyable at all. I understand there’s supposed to be a grind in Everquest but let us do it in the latest expansion.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Powersources should be a global drop on the same table as the 35 purity augs. They aren't THAT powerful so as to be game-breaking to have as a global drop.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sylence like this.
  3. john5 Lorekeeper

The tank one from Combine Dredge (Geomantic soulstone) gives my group geared tank something like 7k hp and almost 200 AC. It's surprising how much better they are than crafted ones.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So you're advocating they are too powerful to be global rare drops?
  5. Sylence New Member

This, so much this. just put them on the purity aug loot table.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Raptour_MT Elder

Honestly, just get rid of them and put the stats on the gear.
    Caell, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Daedly like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

35 purity augs drop? I always praise Lord Mithaniel Marr when I see a stone of tranquility dropping in the newest content! What else would I feed to my destroy button?
  8. Daedly Augur

It's too bad they can't create a similar system to luck combines that would allow us to use those stones of tranquility to recharge the power sources.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Here is a pretty good thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/powersources.253902/ from this year discussing different ideas. I know they are trying to cut down on the pure number of different items so its doubtful they would consider it but I think having different tiers would be best. Raid tier, crafted, global named drop, and group merchant going in this order from most powerful to least. This way it still keeps it relevant from a crafting perspective but also gives non crafters a chance at obtaining something useful should they not want to buy from the bazaar and it gives a lesser version available for people that have lots of unused group currency with nothing to spend it on.
  10. Maedhros High King

Its pretty trivial but tedious to go back to old expansions to farm power sources.
    I have not been back to ROS since TBL opened and I still have 6 Cliff Stones.
    Thats because I manage my use of power sources well.
    It is beyond trivial to go back to TDS to farm that era powersouce and thats what you should be using in the group game if needed. Even as a tank, I am usually just using pure metal power sources from 15 years ago in 90% of group content.
    Save your ROS powersources for a challenging name in group content or difficult raids.

Ultimately it would be nice if they dropped in new content but it is totally unnecessary.
  11. svann Augur

Its just bad design that expects people to still be using PS's that they hoarded last year. I only ever won 2 or 3 cliff stones and Im down to my last 50% because I also manage them well.

The real question is whether it is reasonable to expect people to find groups to go do old content just for PS's. Ive been back there twice and both groups were 3 players and 3 mercs - because we couldnt fill a group. And it was slow and we didnt get a single PS in hours of camping.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Drogba like this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're not entitled to anything.

Powersources and purity augs were meant to be "luxury" items. You weren't intended to reuse your best purity augs over and over or constantly use a powersource 24/7.

Just be glad perfected distillers work and that the RoS versions are so easy to farm in VP.
  13. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Power sources are Time Sinks … any Game changes that remove time sinks are no starters. This is how DBG makes money.
  14. svann Augur

I doubt there is anyone sinking much time into ROS PS's these days.
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

/shrug. they sell pretty well to raiders who are too lazy to go back to VP and farm them =). at least the tank and dps ones seem to =).
  16. svann Augur

You sell no trade PS's?
  17. Cicelee Augur

Probably sells loot rights. Kills named in VP, auctions PS in General chat. You zone into VP, give plat or whatever to someone at zone in. Once that is done, non KOS magician invites you for a COH to the named corpse.
  18. svann Augur

Could be, but I was asking him if he actually does this.
    It probably would work, but even if he does this it isnt much relevant to the post he replied to which was discussing the time sink aspect of PS's. One person farming them is a trivial timesink. Allowing them to drop in current content would be a better timesink.
  19. Allayna Augur

The other issue is that a lot of non-tanks go for cliff stones.
  20. svann Augur

Yea, not sure what they were thinking on that enchanted dragon stone. I often hear its the melee PS but why would melee want it - for the Hstr? I also hear that Hstr is almost worthless.