Power Sources - Please consider new drops

Discussion in 'Item Discussion' started by Zarzac, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Jumbur Augur

Is there any way to craft these new powersources, or are they restricted to named-drops?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They are only named drops.
  3. Jhenna_BB Augur

I really want to link that certain video from Team America World Police we all know - but I have a feeling the F@#$ YEAHS and puppet sex would be a forum violation lol.

PS woot!
  4. Horyuken Elder

Thank you again for this! A perfect example of something the community brought up, you listened, and put in the extra time to make it happen.
    Bookmark this thread for all the naysayers!
  5. Stephsanity Elder

He said T2 rare named drop any of the 4 PS's btw
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yup.
    If you care about the reasoning I did not do one per zone is: There is a different amount of rares per zone, and the rares have different difficulties. I didn't want to get in a situation where it seemed I was favoring/disfavoring one by making it more difficult to get.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Magelo padder is what it is. Ill get one and what ever drop in my way and keep farming my 10ish TDS PS in a few hrs and repeat monthly instead of farming these for days and not get the one I want. I'm still thankful to have a new type of PS added into the game but the side effect of been random wont make me spend more time in the game farming them if not even push me away from even trying.

This is why we cant have nice things...
  8. Orbital101 Augur

But you do realize that making it that way it is much more difficult to get the one you want.
  9. Cicelee Augur

This seems like a fair compromise. Random chance any named will drop a PS from TBM. If you want a specific one you can still go back to TBM to get it. Or maybe killing EOK named for your augments might drop a PS you can use.

The question I have is, will every EOK named drop a PS every time? Or do every named have a small percentage of dropping a random PS?
  10. Orbital101 Augur

They dont drop one every time and more likely not to drop any.

and were talking about RoS rares.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Are these still the TDS ones or completely new?
  12. Khat_Nip Augur

New.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

Slightly better
  14. Warpeace Augur

Slightly sounds more like if I get one I get one but not worth my time to camp and farm with it being random.

Now if the different types were assigned to specific rare mobs that would be different. Not going to blow a day camping rare mobs and getting caster or melee power sources when I would need tank ones.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

I did enough Xorbb PS farming when it as 1% chance to drop to remember a never ending thread about people asking to increase the drop rate. I understand that Power source are not meant to be easilly kept permanent. I'm just trying to get it right the first time or to make sure people understand that farming them at is wont be friendly VS specific rares even if some of these rares are harder then some others... someone will always be left out and we all know what happen when people feels left out :eek:

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything considering that no one was expecting new power sources to be in RoS. Ill definitely farm one and what ever else my luck get me. I just dont like to gamble with my free time anymore. :mad:
  16. Zarzac Augur

Thanks Ngreth !!
  17. Jhenna_BB Augur

Making them trade-able would cure all ails. We could trade them with guildmates like Pokemon! Would address some of what Good was saying about gambling on free time.
  18. Thraine Augur

gotta collect em all!!
  19. smash Augur

My dream/nightmare would be no direct ps in ros, but instead a ts made container where you combine 1 of each type of ps from tds + 1 rare ts drop from each expansion, which you slowly combine up making it twice as powerful as best from tds and last 5 times as long.

But the first combine of the ps from tds + a rare ts item from ros would result in a piece of blob.
    Then you combine the piece of blob + eye from pofire(phoenix) and get another piece of blob.
    All the expansions would give a very rare ts item, which you would combine in a sequence of Things.
    And at EoK you get the final item, which you combine, during Lab raid fight.

Example of rare ts items:be from pop the eye from pofire, hot the gem that is used for extra mercenaryslot.
    And so on.

A sequence of something like 18-20 combines, each trivial at 550+, using all the ts types, except alchemy/poison/tinker, and
    requirement of 395 (included trophy).

Failure = bye bye item
  20. Allayna Elder

Another attempt to force grouping perhaps....