Power Sources - Please consider new drops

Discussion in 'Item Discussion' started by Zarzac, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Natal Augur

I don't think you have to make new ones, just have the old ones from TDS have a similar chance to drop off all nameds post TDS and it should be fine. You don't have to redesign anything, just add them to named loot tables as an uncommon.

I think that would satisfy most people's issues with things as they currently stand. They don't need to be any easier to get, just not require people to go and do obsolete content to get them. A bigger issue with the current situation is that in order to get these power sources you have to complete a long set of flagging tasks/missions to be able to access the zones they drop in. For returning players this presents an unnecessary barrier IMO. If the devs want the leave things as they are, then they need to unlock all of the zones in TDS or provide an alternative route to the PS.
  2. Warpeace Augur

People and their barriers. If you want something you will put in the work or else you really didn't want it.
    Cicelee likes this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Strange thing to say from someone who posted in this very thread:
    Why waste time changing a name for the exact same item that already exists? Easier to just add the item to the RoS mobs loot table if there is no time to make an add new versions. unquote

Why is it that barriers are good for everyone else?

PS: And I don't really care one way or the other if they add them to other expansions, I just don't understand the double talk on different issues.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Grats you have gotten better trying to quote something out of context.

Isn't there some progression to go work on?

EDIT*** To have double talk I would have had to flipped my position and I have not done that.
  5. Jumbur Augur

It was my impression they were going to unlock all TDS zones when RoS is released?
  6. mehtsenob Elder

How about making the TDS dropped PS's, also drop across the zones of RoS? And remove the No Trade tag?

This will make them more readily available to everyone, more so than they are now. it also creates a player market for them, insuring they just aren't left to rot.

Or, if DB wants a little more cash flow, add them to the DB Cash marketplace for a small reasonable cost? I'd rather buy them with DB Cash, than go farm an old zone for hours and never see the one I want drop.

Maybe the Katta guys can add updated and upgrade power sources to their catalog?
  7. sojero Augur

LOL quality assurance in EQ, OH man i needed a good joke today.

Did you get that title a long time ago or something? Logged into the wrong account to make the post?
  8. Warpeace Augur

Last day at work?
  9. Sumonerr_Tunare Augur

His title is gone now! :(
  10. Warpeace Augur

end of the work day:p
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We don't need to keep posting in this thread.... especially since many of the posts are the same as another post already in this thread.
  12. Jhenna_BB Augur

You'll have to excuse us, sir. We're all on high anxiety because all you guys do is nerf us so we're looking for whatever power gain we can muster.
    mehtsenob likes this.
  13. mehtsenob Elder

Right?
  14. yepmetoo Elder

Put on a vendor in pok for 2 million plat each. Be a nice plat sink.
  15. Frael Lorekeeper

In Rain of Fear there was just one power source (Xorbb's Caged Hatred). To save time, as a suggestion, you could consolidate all four TDS power sources into one similar general purpose power source, if it's possible.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. dwish Augur

While I really don't care if they add TDS powersources to RoS in some fashion, it's not exactly hard to get them now. I have at least 50 steelstones in my bank simply from spending 2-3 hours in Dredge each time there was a double named weekend over the past couple of years. In 2-3 hours I would come away with 5-10 powersources most of the time. Even without double named, they aren't all that hard to get.
  17. Gnomereaper Elder

I think the issue is mostly the escher stair case to power upgrades. It's the illusion that you're gaining more power, when you're just trying to stand in place. So they power down something in one aspect, while power up something else of another aspect. The oscillation creates the sense of gains.

It's basically the "Dragon Ball Z/Super" problem.
  18. menown Augur

Did you see episode 116 of Dragon Ball Super? Oh man it was good!
    kizant likes this.
  19. Sheex Augur

That’s not how Forum-Quest works. That’s not how any of this works! ;)
    Mehdisin Mahn likes this.