Power Ranger Returning

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Valdest, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Valdest Journeyman

Hail All,

I am starting to think that my ranger of yesteryear is no longer a valid option. While I don't mind the archery aspect of rangers, I always loved pulling, off tanking and even tanking to an extent. When geared properly a ranger could fill in while looking for a real tank. However, the more I am seeing with new content, it looks like my days of pulling and off tanking are limited. I am currently in my 77th season. I don't want to be an archer. Is there hope in the end game or is the utility of a ranger, down.
  2. dubblestack Elder

At 115, although raid geared, I have tanked kael mission, which I believe, is one of the harder things to do in current content. You wear chain armor, so you'll never be a glass cannon, you also have access to a decent amount of defensive AA's and discs, melee for a ranger is nothing to scoff at, though optimally, archery is the highest dps. You also have an amazing amount of utility and everyone loves ranger buffs and track. The only thing I really have to complain about as a ranger is how quickly I run out of Mana, if you're dpsing correctly, you should run out fairly quickly. I enjoy helping people in my guild or others on my server out, not too difficult to find a group generally. I guess I'm biased, but I run into a lot of people who wish they had rolled a ranger as a main, but I don't really feel the same about any other class. You won't regret sticking with it, plus lighting sword ornaments. I think rangers and beastlords are probably my favorite classes, though I don't enjoy relying on a pet as a beastlords.
  3. Valdest Journeyman

Thanks for the feedback.
  4. Arborist New Member

Playing a Ranger never gets old for me, plus i am a master Artisan and can make anything player made in game. We as Rangers get some mad DPS once your AAs are up there. I currently have 40K AAs and play with Shammy and Mage as well. Great team and I can do just about any content in ToV. Enjoy and dont give it up.