Power leveling question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tigwelder, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Tigwelder New Member

I see some folks asking for a power level in EQ (or offering PL services), is it against the rules to power level a person to higher levels? I was thinking of maybe having someone power level me to a few higher levels by way of paying plat or a krono to make getting a group easier but didn't want to do it if its against the rules.

Thank you
  2. Alnitak Augur

By itself buying or selling PL services is not a rule violation.
    Tigwelder likes this.
  3. Tigwelder New Member

ok I wasn't sure, i was just going to try and get a few more levels more quickly as finding a group can be a pain. Thank you
  4. Stymie Pendragon

Only thing I will add to the advise above is to be at the keyboard while being power leveled. Afk play is against the rules if they were to check on you. The chances are low, but something to keep in mind if you decide to do it.
    Tigwelder likes this.
  5. Tigwelder New Member

I figured as much, thank you
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would not bother with a PL just in order to get a higher level in order to get a group as sometimes groupage can be just as hard to get at higher levels.

One thing to remember is that you are not the only player of your level on that server so you may need to start your own groups or ask others in your guild to join up. Most players have alts throughout the level ranges.

Depending on your server the person offering the PL could want 2 krono or more. There are too many hot zones, potions and other ways to gain levels.
  7. Grove Augur

If your character is at least level 85, Overseer will give an amazing amount of experience and it is all under your control.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

There is nothing wrong with a PL.

If you are considering buying a Krono, consider a heroic instead. DPG will not do anything to correct the situation if you hand someone a Krono and they don't follow through with the PL. You also have to have your game up and running, etc. It can be fast, but heroic is instant, comes with a full spell book and some armor. A L85 heroic can use overseer and can group with anyone up to L115 that is swarming for loot or hunter and can tag along on missions if there is room in a group.

I you are already over L85, then you can pay by level. You are probably better off selling the Krono for plat and then paying per level to ensure the PL follows though. Though there is often someone who is 2-boxing that will let someone tag along as long as they can handle themselves. I myself caught up by following a friend around Alaris as they killed all the PHs for named.
  9. Tigwelder New Member

Thank you all for the replies. However, most do not apply as I am currently on the TLP Mischief server. They we have already entered into Kunark era, and I have fallen behind in levels due to a family emergency and now that I am back after 2 weeks I find that the normal zones for mid level are now Empty as everyone is either pushing 60 or at 60.99.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are right. that is a horse of a different color. We assumed you were on a live server.

With those new facts I would suggest to see if you can bargain down the price and go for it if you can spare the plat/krono whatever and if you really want to stay on that server.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If you are in a hurry to raid then go ahead and buy a PL. If not you should be able to find groups pretty easily, or a guild who has alts you can group with. Mischief should be hopping, at least during primetime.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  12. KarmaKitty Augur

When you gots someone sitting in front of the small bank in POK spamming their PL services for
    weeks, it must not be against the rules. Or there enforcement is sooooo lax as to make it so.

And at max xp, I'm not sure what PL services a level one can offer me :p Oh, you say they are a
    front for shady actors in the background ? Beats me. Spent all my money of TAs and XP potions o_O

...but look at my shiny new armor (with augs making them look exactly like the old set)