Power leveling question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dizzy, May 7, 2013.

1. Dizzy New Member

A friend with a 100 Mage as been powering me up killing lt blues and green cons to the Mage, and of course they are way red to me and I am only 70 right now.

AAs are on 100%, I been getting about 14% AAs a kill.

Question is if I was say level 80 and the mage being level 100 would I get a better share of AA exp as he powered me on the same kind of mobs?
  2. Fyredup New Member

You are much better off doing regular XP with a lvl 100 in group because of the way AA Xp is done vs reg xp

The AA XP you are getting is based upon the relative con on the highest person in grp then adjusted based on your current AAs. So if the mob cons light blue to the lvl 100 you are getting lower AA xp. If your AAs are sub 4000 you are getting a bonus added on also. AA bonus is 10x at very low AAs and declines in a linear fashion as you get closer to 4000.

If you do reg XP the XP distribution is far more generous when grouped with a much higher lvl character.
  3. Yther Augur

It is best to go with light blues to the higher, in general, especially for AAs, but for regular also. They kill them much faster so you get alot more kills in the same time period, even though not quite as good per kill percentage. 14% seems a bit low, but your character may have substantial (close to 1000) AAs already. It slows down as you get higher level, but not by a ton until they turn white or lower to your character. Keeping it limited to one higher level helps alot also (no merc), where as adding multiples of your character's level only slightly lowers the exp rate.

Finding a spot with kill quests will help alot, as the quest xp is just for you and the same whether grouped or not.

Seems more a matter of perspective on whether it's better regular or AA. I've been in groups in the 60s getting over 30AAs every 10-15min versus taking almost an hour to level. To me that seems about equal 90+ AAs or a level in about the same amount of time. Of course they were slaughtering light blues. When you group with a 100 killing dark blues or high cons, they'll get alot better AA, but you'll only get a slightly better per kill, but at a much, much slower kill rate. So basically, it'll feel like you're getting nothing and not catching up, instead of the other way around with barely light blues.

Yther Ore.
  4. Hatestorm Lorekeeper

The best place for you is Plane of Fire past the first castle. Get your Mage friend to cast Surge of Shadow on you. It is a super high damage (3925 at Rk2) Damage Shield. Mobs will all be Dark Blue to you and will die by hitting you 3 or 4 times (they have 12-15k hp). The Mage can cast it every 30 seconds and it can take 48 hits before it fades. If you take damage and can't heal yourself then just group with Mage for a few seconds and get the level 100 merc heal you, then disband and keep pulling. I did this with my Bard and got him 5 levels and over 500 AAs in a couple of hours. I remember getting more then a full AA per kill (this might have been during double exp, don't remember). Once you figure out your pulls size, the hardest thing about it is making sure you don't lose exp when you reach your AA cap.
  5. Whataboutbob New Member

What class is your level 70? There are different ways to get PLed by a mage depending on class.
  6. Dizzy New Member

My now 72 is a Mage also.