Power for Honor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

So our Hate over Time abilities both for paladin and shadowknight really can be screwy.

HaOT the mob. Die. Zone. Get rezzed back, mob re-acquires aggro from still ticking HaOT and trains the entire zone! It's almost like original EQ gating mobs.

Not complaining, just an observation. If it's intended, I'm good with it.
  2. Petalonyx Augur

If there is any risk of that, i just avoid pulling with those abilities.

Also, having a Plan B is a good idea (ie FD potions, path from evac spot to zone line, pok stein, etc).

Some of these abilities last a long time and that may increase the problem.
  3. Allayna Augur

I guess what I'm getting at is that a death should remove your HaOT debuffs.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

It should be similar to the changes they did in the spring with DoTs "no longer reassociate with their caster if they zone or die." Might be something to look at.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

You spamming it? Effects are cumulative. Well, you knew that but some only use it to pull and not hold aggro. Maybe its count down to wear off is also compounding which could be an oops. Just throwing spaghetti against the wall...
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Aye, the same bug as before. Obviously it's not entirely fixed yet or it has regressed. All done in the name of improving DoT parses for the min/max-ers among us.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. GoneFission Augur

Haven’t paladins been asking for an AOE hate spell?
  8. Bamboompow Augur

They have one.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

We have several thanks (for asking). ;)