PoW Experience.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Farewell, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Farewell Lorekeeper

Plane of War experience is HORRIBLE even with 170% experience. Why? I know it used to be a raid zone, and I really think the developers while looking into experience from other zones should look into this one.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

PoW has always been bad experience. They intended that, and said so when it was released. It is a loot and challenge zone, not a XP zone.
    Warpeace likes this.
  3. Farewell Lorekeeper

I disagree, I think it should be an exp zone. It is stupid not to, just because it is a "loot zone".
    Hiladdar and Fanra like this.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

what it "should be" and what it was DESIGNED to be are two different things. I think gas in the country should be 50cents a gallon and should have free medical but its not to be.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Klak like this.
  5. shik Elder

fast spawn timers, a ton of mobs,weird aggro patterns and the chance for a judi to pop on you at any point? I don't think it should get an exp bonus but xp gained should at least be "normal."
  6. Hellboy007 Augur

I always though the more challenging it is the more exp it should return...

easy stuff should be less exp than hard stuff. you know like Gribbles should give less exp than killing in CoSul..

and to this day i still do not understand why raiding gives little to no exp but merely only exp loss with all the deaths.. IMO anytime you kill a modern day raid boss it should give you some 10% exp or 20AA. just throwing that out there.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

There are hundres of zone to xp in why pick that zone on a 170% XP bonus? I would understand on a faction bonus though.. Even so I can max faction on both side with half a day time I liked the fact that I would most likely have to XP some where before I could turn 99 from 100 when it was current... Well sort of lol
  8. Thraine Augur

Sony stated clearly this zone was going to be little to no exp, thats not what the zone is for. I wouldn't count on them "taking a look" at PoW cause everything is working as intended

If they want to take a look at things that are broken there are plenty of things in TBM still :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Agrippa Augur

Everquest is one of the only games I can think of that rewards bottomfeeding more than doing challenging content.
    Iila and Hostile Meat Wizard like this.
  10. beryon Augur

The problem is that they keep contradicting themselves. When PoW came out, they said they purposely made the xp bad because you shouldn't be able to get good loot & good xp at the same time. When TDS came out, they nerfed xp from earlier content because you should be using difficult content for xp, not easier content. These two concepts are mutually exclusive.
    Hiladdar, Sancus and Iila like this.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only devs can count the number of apple in a seed.
  12. Battleaxe Augur

The brain dead easy experience from Gribble HA's was encouraging players to remain in content that was not current, (That's highly undesirable,)

While the excellent loot from PoWar could encourage the same behavior other than a few clickies the loot is retro - nice at the time and not so good now. The fading value of the loot coupled with the difficulty of the content and low experience encourages players to get what they really want (CoP4 clicky for example) and move on. Not at all the same situation as wanting 5-6K AA's and getting them in Gribble HA's. If you do the more recent content missions you'll get that AA, be throwing away excess AA, getting more current items and augs, and keeping pace with others.

Gribble HA's are the La Brea Tar Pits of EQ. Attractive but a (progresion) death trap. PoWar isn't like that.
  13. Mouldy Shroom Journeyman

That a serious comment or a joke?

Raiding wasn't added to the game as an alternative path, intended to replace the group game entirely. It did after a couple years replace group loot entirely, for a small section of the player base.

And then we all realised that EQ had begun to become two games. One for groupers and one for raiders, whose interests could be completely opposed.

The devs I think wanted raiders to group still, although after PoP the challenge for raiders in group content was non-existent. Perhaps that's partly why Gates' group game was so bonkers (read: atrocious).

Then for years we had the situation where raid gear and group gear were getting further apart every new xpac. And then eventually (now) each xpac was a gear reset, with T2 group gear being as good as last year's raid stuff.

So I guess, thinking about it while typing this, trying to have a group game and a raid game co-exist is extremely difficult. Esp when you factor in those who enjoy both, or have a bit of an advantage from a couple bits of raid gear, but mostly group... It's obviously not an easy thing to balance or get right.

But if you want XP and AA's to come from raids, you basically want to go down the path of one game having two totally separate sets of players, with totally different content, expectations and goals. Which game has ever successfully achieved this? Which game has even tried? It's like trying to make a single game for fans of both FPS and RTS...
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

You disagree with what? There is nothing to disagree with what he said.

There wasn't an opinion involved. The devs specifically stated that they intended the exp in PoWar to stink, and it does.

If you would like it to be different, then fine, but don't pretend its broken because you don't like the intent.
    MrMajestykx and Sancus like this.
  15. Stune Augur

I think gas should be 29 cents a liter again, so your statement is way better then mine :)
    MrMajestykx likes this.