Pound for Pound

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Clawbird, Nov 6, 2016.

1. kizant Augur

What I'd like to know is, who are the worst players you've ever seen? I'd prefer if you could name people that still read the forums.
    Renotaki likes this.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Oakenblade

/flex
    Raccoo and kizant like this.
  3. GoneFission Augur

From mostly way back;
    Best SK would be Khoii
    Best Druid would be Sunglo
    Best necro I saw would be Draakhul (probably best on my server would have been Poyoloko)
    Best paladin would be Phaolin
    Best ranger would be Elendos
    Best wizard maybe Bomya (most fun would be Ogthor Megawatts you never knew what might happen)
    Most of the rest blur together.
    Poyoloko likes this.
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

5. shiftie Augur

Def.

Paladin: bortis or icej
    kizant likes this.
  6. yosco Augur

haha, shoot, THAT's what it was... I was a bard... you were a necro... it was never going to work. I think you were in DA while we (sacred fyre) were competing for server firsts, right?

In any case, I've shelved the bard and have been playing a SK for a long time now ... I recently spoke to one of your bards about raiding again (on my SK, not on the bard).

Anyway, good times! Now... where were we....

Best bard I've ever seen: Yoscorio ... by far ... was such a great puller he could have pulled Cornav to Castle 2.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ooo Kizant's on to something, we need a Pound for Pound worst player thread, but I have a feeling it violates forums rules or something haha
    RPoo and Allayna like this.
  8. kizant Augur

Maybe if we phrase it like. The player who has the most room for improvement? lol
    RPoo, Duder, Nniki and 4 others like this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Or just describe the players play style
    Like:
    I saw an SK on open raids assigned to an add FD cause he was taking to many hits. That mob ended up killing 2 healers and 3 dps before it got picked up by someone that already had one.

PS when I say was assigned, his duty was to snare and kite it. Neither of which happened
    Accipiter, Allayna, Nniki and 2 others like this.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

This SK sounds like a true hero, and a genius. His non-contemporary play style is clearly ahead of its time.
    yosco likes this.
  11. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Impossible Question to ask. There are people from EQ 1999-2004 that were astonishingly magnificent in EQ, but you cant compare them to the same people today. Different spells, mechanics, encounters etc etc to make a fair list.
    RPoo and Duder like this.
  12. yosco Augur

Stop ruining the fun with your "logic" and "reasoning"
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

On the contrary, EQ was a lot more difficult in that time frame. Someone that played well back then is sure to really stand out in today's game. Those are the people you can walk through how to cast and click buttons and be quick to execute. After 20 years, we've all learned a thing or two about the game.
  14. Sancus Augur

Nah. EQ was difficult in very different ways back then than it is now. There's nothing remotely comparable in mechanical complexity to UFE, for example, in early EQ. Similarly in terms of classes, the number of ADPS abilities, spell weaves, modifiers, etc. that contribute to maximizing damage (as an example) just didn't exist back then.

On the flip side, if you stuck me on a level 50 character in some level appropriate dungeon, I'd find a way to pull half the zone and kill myself and my group almost immediately. Aggro management, resource management, CC, etc. are not nearly as necessary today as they used to be.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yeah, I'll buy that. Whenever I'm working on some monster mission or dinking around on TLP, I hate life. When you're used to driving a Ferrari, taking a Pinto for a spin is just awful lol. I hadn't considered any of that.
    Grove, Elyssanda and Mintalie like this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Which is why so many of us have so much disdain for TLP. (One of many reasons, no doubt.)
    Allayna, Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  17. Belexes ForumQuester

I agree...

Pulling and CC was almost an art form back then. :) Aggro management and resource management was definitely very important in the early days.

However, in today's game, the classes are more complex and the UI is the same. Knowing how to play a class in today's game is harder, but pulling, CC etc., is much easier.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

Rogue that could stand the most improvement? That would be Pungas.
    Tolzol, Funky and Allayna like this.
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

I miss so many of these people!
    Funk and RPoo like this.
  20. Yimin Augur

Mage well me of course ! I had no equal when I played a mage ...

YiMin