Pound for Pound

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Clawbird, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Lheo Augur

this days:
    SK=Shawess
    Pal=Tehani
    Cleric=Hotte
    Wizz=Nukema
    Ench=Chant
    Mage=Chini
  2. Lheo Augur

Old days many years ago
    Rog=Pieksy
    Cleric=Cendric/Calor
    Wizz=Yessika
    Bst=Zisch
    Warr=Menrye
  3. Grove Augur

In my opinion, PvP is a totally different game.
  4. Cailen Augur

would be super awesome until people started shouting for nerfs based on the data
  5. Bronut Augur

mythid was zek, whats wonderful, is people cant "Subjective" put their friends over other people.

There's a record, and serverwide announcements. stops all that speculation.
  6. kizant Augur

The only way that would be a problem is if you play a class that is currently broken and most players don't know how to take advantage of whatever you've figured out. But eventually that information gets around and before you know it the calls for nerfs start regardless. Then the devs are forced to make changes based on little to no good data and they have almost no insight into effect their changes have until months and years later. If the nerf posts are reduced then they have to assume they did a good job. Which isn't good for anyone.

If more accurate data were available to everyone then the devs could make corrections faster because results of a change would be clear, they could head-off problems before they occur if they see a class getting too far out of balance than they wanted them to be, and it could reduce the amount of invalid nerf calls because bad players would be able to see the potential of their class. Plus if there were a ranking system too then good players would have one more thing to compete over. Something that's actually a lot more interesting than just winning a parse in your own raid which may be full of average or bad players.
    Ssdar and Tolzol like this.
  7. Bronut Augur

we have a word for people like you : "Noob"

- i'm well aware that i have sacrificed being liked within the community, for airing out peoples bs. I'm ok with that. I know the majority will be on the other side, not only on the pvp topic but on most topics. But then again most peoples perspectives aren't reality based.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Here's a quick clip of me doing this technique.

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Tolzol Augur

Well from a zerker stand point pvp at least on live is dumb. Some of our spam abilities nowadays don’t work on other players, only on npcs. Might be different on zek i wouldn’t know but can’t have a legit duel with someone when some of your can’t be used against another player. Unless you strictly did zerker vs zerker of course. I would be down for a best of the best tournament though they were fun as hell back in the day and forced you to know all that your class is capable of if you wanted to actually compete and not just participate.
    DaciksBB likes this.
  10. SaltLife New Member

I haven't played in over two years, but I have played around a ton of talented players over my 18 years of playing this game on different servers. Ones listed below are just a few names that come to the top of my head....
    Beastlord - Fused
    Cleric- Lyrissa
    Enchanter- Renaii
    Magician - Crits
    Monk- Kitthix (RIP)
    Ranger- Raynrace
    Rogue- Proximoe
    SK- Drogba/Lyquid
    Warrior- Kendoll
    Wizard- Benzarden

I'm not sure if these people even play anymore, and as said, just a few names that come to mind back when I played. Some of these people may of been plain out , but they knew their class exceptionally well and were badasses. Its not about who was liked, but how they played.
    Proximoe and RPoo like this.
  11. Pirlo Augur

Ahhh. Reminiscing about the past. One of my favorites

Gerg Sk
    oakblade ranger
    Sojuu monk
    Daphnie cleric
    Duhbeast beastlord
    Beimeith wizard
    Eomund enchanter
    Marquelle magician
    Behelit Zerker

A few more that I am forgetting because I am old and fragile at my tender age of 40.
    There was a wizard , with a tattoo of a ntov dragon on his shoulder, that would burn the heck out of a parse. Put me to shame on more than one occasion. Best damn wizard I ever saw.
    *goes back to yelling at clouds*
  12. Truklin Elder

Beastlord- Puzzling
    Enchanter - Renaii
    Monk- Laotzu/Saiyian
    Ranger- Rouan
    Druid- Nuttan
    Zerker- Candaten
    SK- Kizfurix
    RPoo and Tolzol like this.
  13. Tolzol Augur

It’s tolzol not Candaten now sir! Where you been hiding?!?!
    Truklin and RPoo like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

15. Cicelee Augur

If anyone is sad and butt hurt, and their epeen is not as it was before this thread, let me know and I will create a response with your name in this thread to make you feel better!*

*For the low, low price of one Krono. Have to pay for my box account somehow...
    FawnTemplar, Jondalar, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  16. Funk Augur

Ahh seeing some of these names brings back great memories. Talisman with the Solteris server first clear, and Diligence with House of Thule server first. Quite a few names from those two guilds on here! Good times!
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It’s not possible to come up with the best Ranger from Bristlebane, there’s just too many and over the years and we all info-share. Ironically, the best DPS ranger I’ve ever seen came from Test Server and that’s Karthos/Kraythos. He’s a machine. As far as using the tools the best I’ve seen Tadenea is always finding ways to solo things rangers have no business doing. He has patience way above the average player.
  18. Fintank Augur

As a good Samaritan I will offer you help in this trying time, with a phrase I love to live by. "When in doubt, choose Fin!" (Unfortunately this also ends up being the case when assigning blame, please be careful with this knowledge!)
    Grove and Jhenna_BB like this.
  19. Spankage Elder

Bard - Freedomrun
    Berserker - Rebel
    Bst - Melikemilk
    Cleric - Icekissies
    Enchanter - Renaii
    Monk - Drunkenmonkie
    Necro - Azrael
    Paladin - Elfboda
    Ranger - Spankage
    Rogue - Tuluvian
    SK - Lobot followed closely by Denial
    Shaman - Zyrek

From all my years on Lanys, 7th, and now Tunare. Most of these players are split between Diligence and Lunacy Unbound, they are friends but also the most talented players on their respective classes that I've encountered. I've never transferred so I can admit that my scope is fairly limited, though I imagine some of these players have made their mark on other servers (lookin at Renaii). This thread is a pretty fun way to reminisce about far gone periods in EQ and draw comparisons.

--Explicit of Tunare (posting from Spankage's account)

High five to Cicelee for being the only mage that I can actually remember
    FawnTemplar, RPoo and Funk like this.
  20. Ibudin Augur

Anyone from Ayone Ro?

Members of Eternal Wrath remind me a lot of modern day ROI.