Potion of Companion's Amnesia

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dyna, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Dyna Elder

My Bankers name changed but not my chanter pet?
    I have used 3 potions and the name of my sward will not change.
  2. Dyna Elder

Sword
  3. Duder Augur

Have you dismissed the pet and re-summoned it? Though I do remember this being an issue for an enchanter before via a previous post here.
  4. Dyna Elder

Yes I did many times.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Duder Augur

Was it you who made the previous thread a few months ago or so about this topic? If not, do a search on the forums and try and find it. I don't have the time right now but will search and try and link it later. If it is the same bug then probably make a new thread in the bug reports forum and describe the issue as well as provide the link to this post and the other one I am referring to.
  6. Dyna Elder

Yes that was me. Before the bankers name had not even changed but now the banker comes up with the new name.
  7. Duder Augur

The banker gets renamed by the Potion of FAMILIARS Amnesia
  8. Duder Augur

Also, by dismiss, to confirm, after you had changed its name via Potion of Companion's Amnesia you typed /pet leave and cast your spell that brings out a new pet rather than just suspended it via Companions Suspension and unsuspended it?
  9. Dyna Elder

That is what I used to change his name the first time I believe? Is there another or is a chanter no longer allowed? Is a chanter pet still a Familiar?
  10. Dyna Elder

Yes I did and just checked again. Thank you.
  11. Dyna Elder

OK so I found the second potion, it worked! My wizards bankers name and all summoned familiars changed with the one potion I did not realize mine was a pet not a familiar.
    It seems like this could have been answered easily by those who should know! Plus why does the potion not just say chanter has a pet not a familiar show class that can use? It is summoned like the other familiars.
    I think you for your help and time!!!
    Just think i changed my bankers name 3 times costly lol! had no idea as i rarely call up the banker.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Duder Augur

Lol on the bankers 3 name changes! Glad you finally figured it out. That was a trouble you had been having for months. Glad to help.

Edit: Also, enchanters always had "pet" pets. Wizards are the ones who had familiars.
    Dyna and Yinla like this.