Posting this again for attention

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cybertoothlion, Feb 10, 2022.

1. cybertoothlion Journeyman

I am confused, is this sarcasm? lol, it is in fact - the opposite of lazy, when classes with snare, need to use it in order to keep the group alive, and creates yet another level of communication, tactic, and plays an important role if mobs flee.

It seems like some people will make up countless excuses as to why they want to be in the easiest zone, with the easiest mobs, with the easiest pathing, for the best XP, and do as little as possible to contribute to the group.

smh, no one wants to play eq anymore
  2. cybertoothlion Journeyman

And, it is a great point, but they must not have read my full post, since I did mention this ..
  3. Kahna Augur

And yet there was still a 3 hour waitlist for Frenzy, the best loot in the best exp zone with the best mob concentration and the easiest pulls. Maybe players in the "good old days" really weren't any different than today.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

No, not sarcasm at all. I've spent years telling snare classes, "Hey, you need to snare that", when it was something they should have been doing all along. And sometimes it's ignorance on their part (not the mean kind of ignorance, they lack of info kind) for not knowing what their spells are for, and what they are expected to do in any given situation. For example, on my very first character, I had no idea what my spells were really for. In groups, people would tell me to slow the mobs, and not knowing what they meant, I actually stood up and tried to put myself in front of the mob to stop it. But I'm referring to laziness. The "I don't want to snare, it takes up a spell gem" kind of laziness.

I'm all for challenge, I'm all for going to zones that aren't the "meta" for xp grinds. And it's because of lazy people specifically regarding snare, that I always keep snare up on my spell bar on my wizard. No, it's woefully inefficient compared to others, it's a targeted AE so I can get a LOT more hate with one cast, and it gets resisted a LOT. But sh... stuff has to be snared.