Post your tips for starting out on a fresh new TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evade, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Evade Augur

2. Protagonist Tank

Really wish they'd enable these as one per server rather than one per account.
  3. Rolento Augur

Best tip I can give. Dont leave to a new exp location until the current one is complete sh*t. Even if exp might seem slow. Its better then no exp when you try to get that new camp that is already taken in 5 picks of the zone. Slow exp is better then none at all.

Play a caster as your first character. I was a Rogue on Coirnav and was basically carried to 50 even while boxing a Mage. Make something useful, get to max, farm and get money. Gear out a new main or alt melee dps after, you will have plenty of time.
    Stagentti likes this.
  4. Rolento Augur

You dont think they will introduce another bag? I feel like its easy money if they do
  5. yerm Augur

Redline.
  6. Protagonist Tank

I'm almost certain they will. But the two others they've released previously are trapped on dead servers, for me and I wouldn't mind being able to have all 3 in the same spot.
  7. Fhiele Augur

Just bought the bag. I guess only if I was playing a mage might I skip out on it, but even then, resummoning bags is a pita when you log in anyway.
  8. Hirbow Augur

My best tip would be - focus on exp than gear. Levels >gear.
    Iyacc likes this.
  9. Gana Augur

Play the class you enjoy. Play at the pace you are comfortable. Get in a full group, even if it means inviting a class that may not contribute much. Help others without promise of anything in return. Don't be a DirtBag. Save and sell everything. Carry a fishing rod and bait to fish while medding. Convert rusty weapons to ore to save money making Banded. Skull Ale is a fine alternative to Fetid Essence if you can't find fishing grub in bulk. Be the first one selling banded, misty thicket picnics, qeynos afternoon tea, research spells, etc. Help clerics with their Pearlescent Shards. Do the Coldain ring/shawl quests. Shadowscream is a time sink, but well worth it if you want to do Smithing (learn how to control the war in Hollowshade). Tigerraptor and Artic Wyvern are easier to camp than Black/Haze Panthers, Holgresh and anything in Western Wastes. Forage Drake/Dragon eggs in TOV entrance. Forage Tufts of Dire Wolf Fur in Thurgadin. Get an EB/Levitate/Shrink item. Seriously, don't be a DirtBag.
    Evade, Stagentti and Harris77 like this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Bring Krono :D
  11. PwnQuest Augur

I wish the bags were transferable between servers so I didn't have to buy a new one every TLP.
  12. Stagentti Augur

Do not expect to be able to log in right away. Or shortly after launch.

It will be a mess.

Just relax and you'll get in eventually.
  13. Evade Augur

I can't agree more with this. How many times I have been disappointed in the exp rate in a certain location and had the "well maybe the grass is greener on the other side"... only to waste hours realizing "Nope it ain't"
    Stagentti likes this.
  14. Evade Augur

Kind of stupid. Does Daybreak not like money?
  15. Renshu Augur

Get your food (IRL) in order. Make a schedule. Plan thoroughly, stick to your plan. Set two alarms!
  16. Evade Augur

You just bought it? But the server isn't up yet?
  17. Protagonist Tank

It can sit in your claim window.
  18. Stagentti Augur

Every TLP I have played I've started as a Cleric. Has not failed me yet. Highly recommend.

Groups need a Cleric. I've never run into an issue with there being too many of us because it's not the most fun/exciting class (I like it).

Raids will never have too many Clerics. So almost any guild will take you. Once you're in: easy to find guild groups for main and alts.

And you can basically play without buying pretty much any gear. It helps but I use whatever random stuff I find until 50 and do just fine. So I've got a boat load of cash saved up to spend on my fun alt.

Cleric box is great too for finding a group for an alt.

I've also just made a ton of friends cruising around at max level offering rezzes and shooting the breeze. Who remembered me when I was playing on my alts.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

Make lots of friends, talk lots of smack, bring lots of coffee.
    Iyacc likes this.
  20. Hirbow Augur

For food, water, just buy stackable craft material food/water. They stack to 1000. Like cabbage, Flask of water.