Post your suggestions for improving Advanced Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by birdsong_pawn, Jun 6, 2019.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

One of the other threads started getting derailed into ideas for Advanced Loot, so I thought I'd start a fresh one.

The main idea I have offhand is eliminating the Greed and Always Greed options. In my experience, they are used very rarely and aren't really necessary.

The interface could definitely be less clunky, but I haven't used it enough in groups to offer specific suggestions.

For soloing, Advanced Loot is the best thing since sliced bread and doesn't really need any improvements.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Always Greed and Never are the only two settings I ever use. I would not be in favor of removing functionality from the existing interface.

One thing that would be nice: IF active quest requires a drop for which you have no loot option selected, THEN the interface auto-sets that item to the single-use Need setting. Rinse and repeat, then when the quest is done . . . it's not selected/clogging up your personal loot on the top portion of the interface.

Another thing that would be nice: if you edit your filters and remove your selections, it would be swell if the item remained in the search; currently, removing your choice(s) removes the item from the edit filter altogether.

The last thing I would like would be a set of columns that make the loot more clear at a glance: TS, Q, perhaps more, that have a Yes/No setting to see at a glance if something is flagged for tradeskills, quests, etc.

Pipe dream: fishing and foraging results auto-drop into your personal section of the loot window, and choices can be made accordingly. For example: Never = fresh fish, rusty dagger, fish scales, pod of water, etc. This could then perhaps open up foraging to be an autoskill?
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Functionality is good, usability less so.

It is not transparent at all what can be done, the usability was designed by an old school programmer :). I had to see a youtuber use it before I understood it.

Just give it to a user experience dudette, or make a public competition...
  4. Aurastrider Augur

while I agree this would be an awesome QOL improvement for those who don't automate these processes this would make it way to easy for those who automate these things to do so without ever having to worry about full bags. I imagine developers put those annoying things in place and left them there specifically for this reason. At least these "players" have to log on from time to time now to empty out useless items so they can continue their never ending loop which they profit heavily on for doing basically nothing without really any risk of death.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Agree with consolidating need/greed. No need for both. If there is a highly desired piece of loot, it gets discussed in group anyway.

I think having 'No' and 'Never' next to each other would make more sense.

Status/Action/Manage and their weird icons still confuse me. Probably could be looked at, but i'm not sure what specifically would help.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I think this pretty much sums up my thoughts on improvements to the system with the #4 being the same argument I have had with people since it was introduced. If you care enough about an item to loot it than you should put your bid in on it. If you don't care that much about it don't get mad when someone else is taking all the loot. Replace need and greed with want and problem solved. To many players and people in RL want to pretend they are some white knight with a moral compass higher than everyone else but these are the same people that kick their feet and complain when others don't fall in line with their passive aggressive "values". This part of the system just provokes unnecessary conflict among players that doesn't really need to be there.
  7. smash Augur

Gotta disagree with eliminating need / greed.

This is for me the most used feature. On examples collections, when in a group, people at first NEED collection, and then when got, it is only greed, that way people who need it will get it, instead of being random to a person who alread got it.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I think this is where communication comes into play and if you are in a group with other players communication is important on every level. "Hey guys I still need items xyz from the collection in this area". Awesome "I have items xy already so they are yours if they drop but I still need abz". This is exactly how loot worked before advloot for the groups I have been in over the years or they would assign one person to loot everything except no drop items and at the end just split all the loot equally and let people work out "trades". Besides even in your scenario there is no guarantee once someone has collected a collectible item they will change their loot settings. I know I certainly am not moving mine around based on different groups. If someone simply says "hey I need that collection you won can I have it if you don't need it" I will never say no if I have already collected it.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This.
    I greed on all collects I have, so they don't rot but I don't take from anyone who needs. I also greed on alts so I don't take from mains who need. In fast pulling groups there isn't time to discuss every single drop, chests is easy to discuss but mob drops not so easy.

I have yet to figure out how to make the system roll for a 2nd time. But that could just be me. Could use some work here, some instructions on how to use the system would be welcome.

As for improvements
    1. Stop rolling items as 1 if multipuls drop! Failing that stop stacking them! Annoying when 2 muhbis drop and they go to 1 person, especailly if winning person hasn't learnt how to split a stack. :rolleyes:
    2. Splitting stacks - allow changing the number or using the slider to alter the number of items required for looting, one way works the other doesn't, but I can't remember off the top of my head which it is.
    3. If used in a raid, removed the rolling after X amount of time. Make it fully Master looter controlled.
    4. If I set items to roll, have they roll immediatly not wait x amount of time, there is already a setting for wait then roll.
    5. If a player selects no to looting an item, let it show back up in the advanced loot window or unlock the corpse so it can be looted imediately.
    6. fix the bug that stops you looting an item, if someone zones, leaves the group, etc. Not tied this bug down to anything yet, just annoys me when there is something in the loot window that cannot be assigned or left on corpse.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I have encountered a total of one player who had a problem with the system everyone else I've played with uses:

Need All Everything, Master Looter holds big ticket items for "actual need".

The Need/Greed system has very specific uses where I am glad it is there, such as dealing with Raid loot that isn't No Trade. It's not broadly or commonly needed but it's nice when it is there. Ignoring the Greed button entirely otherwise is fine for me.

As for changes:
    • Set Split Coin to default On, not Off
    • If everyone is a No on an item, drop it on the corpse, don't leave it hanging about, cluttering up the window where I have to deal with it individually. No one wants it. It's fine.
    • If someone has flagged an item No, but it turns out that was a mistake and they do need it, allow me to give it to them anyway with maybe a confirmation pop-up on their end.
  11. Allayna Augur

Two. Separate. Coin Split settings.

On for group.
    Off for raid.

Allow for assigning an item to someone not in zone without bugging out the corpse/chest. Once they zone in, it's pending for them to loot.

Auto Loot setting for group vs raid. An ability to toggle it off in a raid, but on in a group.

NEVER. EVER. ROLL on a raid chest as time expires, (think it's around 15min), we don't run into this on our raids, but during open raids it has been an issue.
    svann and Yinla like this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Auto Leave on Corpse toggle option for group version of autoloot. You can do this while soloing but not in a group which has always driven me insane.
    Beimeith likes this.
  13. Angahran Augur

Include fishing and foraging :)
  14. lancelove Augur

Get rid of it all together.
  15. MarttinPH Augur

Improve it so that it doesn't crash the game if used.
  16. Kyoya Geohound New Member

An auto hide corpse option when using advanced loot.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

/hidec listed

I did that when the command first came in, and I haven't had to do it again.
  18. Brohg Augur

better:
    /hidec listedunlocked
  19. Repthor Augur

The ability yo be able to have multible loot profiles. With out ghetto rigging multiple toon profiles
  20. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

After spending an hour in Stone Hive with a three box and having to sort through literally hundreds of items in the loot window that I no longer needed because I had already completed a few of the quests in the zone

It would be really nice if I could set a filter somehow so any item flagged Quest and worth 0c to vendors (or even better, a coin value threshold I could set) would just never show up in my loot window once I've filtered it out.