Post your favorite Tank macro's

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Smellybuttface, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Smellybuttface New Member

So I've searched through the forums trying to find any macro ideas to use whilst tanking. I'm newly returned to EQ and have a 27 pally on Mangler, and have come to realize macro's have improved quite a bit since i played back in the classic era.

I have a basic macro i push when pulling which is the simple "%t incoming" sort of thing, but I know some of you elite players have the pulling tied perhaps to your range weapon use or something like that. I was thinking of a macro to try and save hot bar space to combine taunt/bash/ and maybe disarm (not that it ever works anyway) to free up space. Or combining regular auto attack with ranged attack, so that one button press will either attack the mob at range if they are, or just start auto'ing when they're too close.

These are just top of my head ideas, so I'm sure there's much better ones out there in use.
    Please share for the good of all EQ tanks out there!

(I know it will get much more technical once you start adding AA's to the mix, but perhaps just general use tanking macro's that any class can use). And if there are any paladin's out there, I was thinking of building a macro that will self-target and cast my heal mid-fight, then it would reengage my target. Assuming that's even possible.
  2. Alarya Augur

Honestly, with the extended target window in place there is no need for an incoming message if you are playing on live. I would focus on putting your combat abilities and spells on a keybind that works for you!
  3. Smellybuttface New Member

I'm on Mangler so unfortunately no extended target window. I've seen it on live though, that definitely will be handy when Underfoot drops.