Fixed Internally Post patch (20th April 2022) - Brightness issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fidden, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Exmortis_MT Augur

We are fast approaching the one year anniversary of this confirmed issue, yet no update on the fix?
  2. Strumph Augur

I'm hoping I get the fix in my Easter Basket!
  3. Strumph Augur

So this has been confirmed for over a year. No fix yet?
  4. taliefer Augur

just came back to the game after a bit of a hiatus. sad to see this is still happening :/
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. NyteShayd Elder

My ongoing solution for the last few years has been to keep a batch script on my desktop for killing all active EQ instances, camp only to character select, and then run the script. To make one for yourself, open Notepad, copy the text below into it, and save it on your desktop with a .bat file extension.

TASKKILL /F /T /IM eqgame.exe

This will immediately kill all running instances of EverQuest, and has reliably worked for circumventing the gamma reduction on close issue. It's a kludge, but it beats rebooting or relaunching the game to fix your gamma.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

How about going to offline trader? That is when I have the worst time with this. I usually just have to log in some free character and then log back out to get my screen to get brighter. Or run the display color again. Either way its super annoying.
  7. NyteShayd Elder

Unless you've got a second account you can use to fix gamma before running the kill script, it won't help with offline trader logouts.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Razzy Journeyman

Mine is just right clicking desktop and click on Display settings. It'll reset to normal as soon the window opens. Works every time. Was hoping DX11 will fix it.
    Silvena likes this.
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

On my prior computer (or my laptop) that worked for me. On the new build with a new GPU (4090) using the same monitor I also have to toggle HDR on, and then off again. I have noticed that if I camp out to character select and press logout, closing EQ from server select (or the login screen) doesn't produce the problem.

Post January 9th test patch first impression:

I love it!

Hopefully I'll have time to hook up a second display tomorrow so I can see if it solves everything. If I do, I'll edit this post again. (TLDR: some people with 2 displays active had gamma issues in EQ due a windows update a while back) I'm really hopeful this addresses that.