Fixed Internally Post patch (20th April 2022) - Brightness issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fidden, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

not fixed at all...
    Hobitses likes this.
  2. Strumph Augur

/crickets... how many months will we have to wait to get what was broken in April patch fixed?
    Hobitses and Justyse like this.
  3. Justyse Journeyman

So upon logging my trader out via Offline mode just now, I can see that this is still not fixed.
    Any updates?.. at all?
  4. Fidden Lorekeeper

Happens to me every time I sign into EQ, twice a day 3 days a week, once a day the other days of the week...

Silly, but I've just got used to opening Display Settings each time I log out to letting it reset. Shouldn't have to do this for a game that is causing the issues...
  5. Strumph Augur

Apparently no updates for YOU!

Annoyed... keep hoping I'd see this flagged as FIXED and see it on the patch notes. Been almost 3 MONTHS! Guess it's not happening this month as it's not on the test patch notes and not fixed on test (had to check JIC).
    Justyse likes this.
  6. Fidden Lorekeeper

I had a CTD yesterday during our raids (clicked TL during an abort, waited for game to catch up and died in the interim, which caused the game to crash). Killing the task in task manager meant no issues with gamma alteration when the game process was killed, so this seems related to the log in/log out process.
  7. Strumph Augur

Might have been nice to fix this before forcing everybody to at least start in windowed mode.
    Justyse likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Didn't have a problem before. But now we are forced to start in windowed mode the game is extremely dark.
  9. Strumph Augur

In game Enable Windowed Gamma will help.

And for those of us that play in windowed mode and complaining about his for months... toggling Enable Windowed Gamma temporarily fixes the darkness when you log a toon off.

Just wish this bug would be fixed as it has been confirmed!
  10. Fidden Lorekeeper

This doesn't fix the issue for me, Enable Windowed Gamma is already turned on.
  11. Rikantiz Lorekeeper

I enabled windowed gamma and all of a sudden actually started getting the issue...
  12. Strumph Augur

Sorry yes it's not a permanent fix, but a temporary one (edited previous post to reflect that). If I swap a toon I just click it off and back on. The issue comes back when I swap toons again or log off.
  13. Strumph Augur

Logged in to test to see if this had been fixed, but didn't make the patch notes. Sadly it STILL is NOT FIXED!

When will this be fixed?!?!?! It's been confirmed for MONTHS and no GM post since May 2nd!!! What is holding up the fix?
    Kialya likes this.
  14. Fidden Lorekeeper

I don't get it when I swap characters, only when I am at server select or when I log out entirely back to the desktop.
  15. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Why does windowed gamma have absolutely no effect when I have two displays? I click the button, and moving the slider does nothing. There are so many zones that are so dark I can barely see anything.

The only way certain zones are playable is if I disable my second display. Which means I can't have a webpage up when I am playing.

It's so frustrating.

And no, the "increased windowed gamma" button is not a good workaround. That blasts the brightness far higher than anyone would ever play and everything is really washed out looking.
  16. Exmortis_MT Augur

Updates? Do Devs even care?
    Or are we looking at the same timeline fix as we saw for snake's kicking?
  17. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

Come on Devs, zero response from you other than marking this "confirmed". Highly frustrating having to restart my computer every time I close EQ to finish an issue the game is creating
    Warpeace likes this.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Yep, and this is the service we get. So much trouble for them to elaborate on a possible outcome.
  19. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

I can confirm - still happening here too.
  20. Malbro Augur

And here also.