Possible to work factions in shroud forms?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agrippa, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Agrippa Augur

I've been working on various city quests in the Hero's Journey tab and have started on some of the "evil" cities. I was able to complete a couple quests earlier as a goblin rogue that used sneak, but I didn't see any faction credits that should have occurred when I turned in those quests. I'm also not seeing it possible to bring up the faction standing window in shroud form. My question, firstly, is can I work on factions in shroud form or not? If not, I'm wondering how it might be possible to raise a scowling faction to dubious or indifferent, at least, to turn in quests (edit: quests that will raise faction). The specific factions that I haven't been able to raise from scowling are the Dark Ones and Shadowknights of Night Keep. I'm typically a dwarven paladin of Brell and I've tried troll illusion and earth elemental illusions for these to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Agrippa Augur

This was pretty easy to test with the red wine quest in Neriak's Third Gate. Anyhow, I was able to receive faction credit for the quest in shroud form. Though the window wasn't available, I did receive faction messages, too. After the faction building, I removed the shroud and was able to see the credit given in the faction window. It's likely that I missed the messages the first time or there was no faction given where I was expecting it.
    MasterMagnus and Rijacki like this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Do shrouds have different faction from the character or are you using them only so you can be lower level to do the questing?
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

There are faction potions on loyalty vendor, can't remember if they require a sub. Consume on main character, without shroud, so you can hail and interact.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Agrippa Augur

I was using the goblin rogue shroud in stealth to become indifferent. That ended up being high enough faction to complete quite a few quests, including faction building turn ins.

I should also note that the 5th level goblin rogue doesn't have as near a reliable sneaking and hiding skills as the 10th level rogue. The 10th level rogue took a few tries at times, but has been managable, so far. 10th level is as far as I've taken this character, so I don't have access to higher level shrouds yet.
    Rijacki and MasterMagnus like this.