Possible to enable Krono purchases of 40-slot bags?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Jun 21, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's pretty clear DBG does not want huge stockpiles of Krono on players' accounts. But wouldn't it be a good idea if we could buy 40 slot bags with Krono in the store? Or... anything to use Krono in the store.

It really seems like a win-win, doesn't it?
    discordkitty likes this.
  2. Sultan Elder

They should allow Krono to be redeemed for DBG coins.
    Lantherion, Eetra and PathToEternity like this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Or, we can let krono be used for the classic use of 1 month of game time, and spend new dollars on 40 slot bags.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I have enough krono to pay for my accounts for 2 years. I'll never pay for a 40 slot bag with real money. I would, however, spend one of my krono for a bag. DBG should be motivated to get people to redeem krono in whatever way they can so it seems to make sense.
    discordkitty likes this.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Why do they care if they get redeemed? They've already been paid for. If they allowed them to be used for more things they would likely LOSE money.

I agree with Dythan, Krono's are in a fine place and serve their intended purpose. If you want a 40 slot bag, pony up some cash. If your not willing to do that then do without.
    Adrienna and code-zero like this.
  6. Risiko Augur

They can't claim the money on their financials until the krono is spent. It's money left in limbo. You'd have to understand finances to get it.
    Sultan likes this.
  7. Raina Elder

krono are non-refundable. You see this "accounting" claim a lot on the forums but at the end of the day, once a krono is purchased it is revenue. It is not an unearned revenue liability like you seem to think it is, and quite frankly the argument is ridiculous.
    Havanap likes this.
  8. Eetra Journeyman

I would be 100% for this.
  9. Krezzy Augur

Piestro, DBG's community relations director at the time, explains it here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033048

It doesn't make sense to you, Raina, but it's really a thing. FTC guidelines require Kronos to be tracked as a liability, much like non-refundable gift cards sold by retailers.
  10. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

Ridiculous or not this was the stance of DBG Accounting last time I checked. In fact they even had a system to track when you purchased arrows/potions when they were fired/consumed in order to realize the revenue. They walked the second one back though.
  11. Raina Elder

lol it absolutely does not, but go off I guess.
  12. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Look up "Gift Card Breakage" outlined in GAAP Risiko...it's fascinating and won't make you look as foolish.

If they aren't using this, then they aren't smart enough to get away with laundering a hamper full of socks.
    Krezzy likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

Someones already paid for that Krono somewhere, that's already earned money and if you're All Access you get 500 Daybreak Cash every month anyway, why should they give you anything for something that's already earned them money?
  14. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

The thing is, in Accounting terms, it hasn't. That's what is being discussed.
  15. Numzan Augur

I think they should burn your krono on your accounts.... give you 20 yrs of playing EQ instead of farming them.
  16. code-zero Augur

Again, why should they? You're asking for a virtual object that they do not have to maintain any inventory on. If you don't buy that 40 slot bag it makes no difference to them as that's not new revenue being realized.

If in fact Daybreak suddenly offered a way to cash out Krono for Daybreak Cash that'd be a clear sign that they're liquidating assets and about to shut down all games that are associated with All Access. If you want that bag so badly save up your 500/month allowance and buy it. All you need to do is redeem Krono's to remain all access.
  17. Krezzy Augur

It is a good read, and is sensible.

Searching around, it looks like Kronos sprang into existence in October, 2012. This gives DBG a bit over 5.5 years of history to use when projecting breakage. It's likely that they're doing this now, but even as of a couple years ago, they probably didn't have a very good basis for justifying this kind of revenue.

I wonder what percentage of Krono liability can be reduced due to this mechanism, and how banned accounts figure into this calculation.
    How Bazaar likes this.
  18. Lantherion Elder

blizzard does this with there wow tokens, you can consume those for either a month of game time or $15 battle.net credit. it always felt odd to me that daybreak never offered this option.
  19. code-zero Augur

I see I was wrong, the 40 slot bags on TLP are cash only items. At $34.95 that makes it even less likely that they'd allow Krono conversion
  20. Rhodz Augur

They already have your money with the Kr... why would they give it back?
    Never happening