PoP Progression

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ElBe, Jan 2, 2021.

1. ElBe New Member

Is there anyway to maybe add AoCs to the live servers, specifically around PoP progression? PoP progression is required for things like the artisan's prize quest line, and raid bosses are on 3 day timers. People still seem to camp these mobs still to this day as I've been checking for a few of them everyday for weeks now and cant get them. Add the fact that you have to camp other 3 day mobs (which arent ever up either) for some keys to even get to said bosses makes this a ridiculous endeavor. At least on TLPs, they have AoCs so they dont have to "fight" with getting bosses anymore, but those of us on live who are new players have very little shot of actually being able to complete progression. Maybe another option would be to have some other special quest which just gives all of the PoP progression, kind of like there is a epic 1.5 pre-quest if you dont have your epic 1.0 kind of deal.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The only difference between POP flagging way back when and now is the lack of patience of players.

We had to wait, not just for the spawns, but for the guild rotation for your guild to have it's turn. So not 3 days. It was 3 days for guild #1 and then another 3 for guild #2 and etc till you got to day 21 which was your guilds turn, maybe.

So in many cases it took even longer than it does now.

And epics were the same way - you waited not just for your guild rotation but for your class rotation inside your guild. And there are a lot of posts with players wanting AOC for epics also. PS the epic 1.5 pre quests are harder to do then the plain ole epics.

Just last week on our server Tunare, we had someone running thru POP and they offered in chat every time that XXX was up if anyone needed to come get the flag etc.

I have seen new players get together and run POP too.

You could also ask in general chat if anyone else needs it or is doing it on your server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. ElBe New Member

You're right. I dont have patience to wait 3 days per each spawn for content that's 15+ years old. It's different if its current content and I had to wait that. I'd be okay with it. But I'm only doing this content to get flags for current-ish content that requires them. Im not doing it for loot/experience/etc, just for the flags. Needing to wait months for that is honestly, just dumb. When its the current content, you're doing it for the loot and the flags, so its worth waiting. Nowadays, its just for the flags, and anybody new and/or people who camp them, being 115, can just solo everything, so everybody else now has wait another 3 days and guess/hope the boss will spawn again for them.

As for the pre-quest for epics, I'm totally fine with there being an "epic" quest for PoP progression where it may take days to complete. At least with that, I would have a second option to complete the progression instead of sitting around hoping that a mob will spawn when I'm online.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You are most definitely doing it for loot. It might not be for loot you got from PoP but instead loot from more modern content. Otherwise there is no need to do PoP progression. Additionally, each stage of progression also gives an AA.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I definitely think AoC should be added to live servers, but the dev stance is likely very different, they were added to address a particular desire for more players on TLP to see content in era than would otherwise have been able to.

I do think the conversation has moved beyond that though & that AoC are a fantastic QoL feature even if that was never meant to be their intended purpose.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that as long as TLP servers are lacking in players by the time that they catch up with Live, they will keep just merging them with existing Live servers to avoid making AoC's open to all. When a TLP server catches up and is self sustaining, then they might reconsider the existence of the AoC's. But I think that they will also need to tie the AoC's appearance to being like 1-3 expansions back from current content, to manage the introduction of raidloot to the servers.