PoP minis with pet tanking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by atomi, Mar 23, 2020.

1. atomi New Member

I played a chanter in mangler.
    Just notice you can't pet tank some mini boss, like PoStorm minis(medallion guy), Bot minis (the one drop tower key container), PoTatics minis (Diaku overseer)

These minis will just skip pet and hit pet owner, just like they have MOTM buff, but they don't.
    It's not like this when I played in Agnarr. (and yes, it made me wipe several times to confirm)
    Anyone notice this or there is a patch note about this?
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

Yep, some pop bosses ignore pets.
    it was the same on phinny.
  3. Weaps Journeyman

Unless something has changed since I used to two-box these guys on Agnarr (and Phin back in the day) it was more about my aggro management than some kind of MOTM-like effect. All the ones you listed I have personally had success pet-tanking in a two-box setup (enc/dru). It can be fun using all the tools in your toolbox! (visages etc)
  4. Mrjon3s Augur

A lot of these guys have mem blur.
  5. atomi New Member

@Weaps
    I duo/trio these in Agnarr without problem, so that's why I am wondering.
    If that's the aggro problem, you should know that pet can make crazy aggro even better than a real tank. So the mob should not stick on pet owner too long.
    The reality (in Mangler I just did it again yesterday) is chanter face-tanking until the mob dead like a warrior(healer spamming), while my pet is kicking his .

@Mrjon3s
    Memblur could be one possibility, but if that is true, once mob memblur pet and attack chanter.
    It somehow should memblur chanter, then switch back to pet. Or at least turn to my healer, since my healer spam healing on chanter.

Thanks for the information, but I just couldn't figure it out, it just like the mob has a built-in ignore pet.
  6. Weaps Journeyman

Yeah.. I mean I had that experience too but I was able to manage it by getting creative. Visages, waiting on tashes (or having the Tash aggro reduction) fiddling with the pet buff setup etc. For transparency, the Overseer was hard. It took a while to figure out (not to mention healing issues with his DPS and druid CH). BoT wing bosses I almost never had any issues even without a strategy and the PoS Named Giants I always had double pets (yay druid) so minimal tinkering there too.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Mobs that are flaged as Raid mobs will agro players over pets if you're in melee range regardless of having MoTM or not. If you stand in melee range the pet will never get agro, however it works different then MoTM and doesn't transfer the agro too the owner. A lot of groupable or even soloable mobs in PoP are flagged as raid mobs for example https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10562 is flagged as a raid mob. You can tell which mobs are "raid mobs" by conning them. I forgot what the exact message is but it will say something like "you may need a small army to take them down"
  8. mark Augur

thats why i always play a tank and its my main for when you just cant do it with a pet.